android
Old 12-03-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Firmware issues

I recently got the T10, installed the software, charged it up, and then tested the device. I got a bluetooth headset and it paired fine with it. I then saw that there was a firmware update (to 1.29) and so I followed their instructions on how to update.

Soon turning the unit back on it seems that when I go to the bluetooth menu it says "Bluetooth address error"

Does anyone know how to fix this? (Maybe I should downgrade the firmware... but I can't find a link to 1.15)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-05-2007, 08:07 AM

I also updated to FW 1.29 and my Headset works fine (Motorola S850). Have you tried to delete the bluetooth profile for your headset on the T10 and to make a new setup for it?

Old 12-05-2007, 01:07 PM

I'm not sure what you mean, when I scroll over to bluetooth (beside settings...) it'll say "Bluetooth Address Error" when I click it

Old 12-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Try to update the player one more time.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:03 PM

I've tried multiple times with the same 1.29 firmware... it doesn't do anything different

Old 01-12-2008, 04:42 PM

Hello BlueFyre,

have you had any luck with fixing the bluetooth address error?
I installed the firmware 1.55 on my brand new t10 and have the same problem. I wrote Samsung with the problem and they didnt have much to say about it except for "when you update the firmware the garantie is void". What a joke.

Thanks,

dbag

Old 01-18-2008, 03:32 AM

hi there....

I've got the T10 with the 1.55 EU firmware, and my BT headset connects perfectly. No errors.

Oh, just one. When I've tried to send any file from my PPC to the T10, the connection fails... but, by the way, if I try to do it with my BT phone (Nokia 6260) it works perfectly.

In my modest opinion, the T10's BT Controller doesn't work very well.... or it's a firmware problem (I don't think so... but....)

We have to wait a little bit to see a new brand firmware: this is a "new borned" product; it is in its primary stages of "developing"... wait to see....

Old 01-22-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I recently got the T10, installed the software, charged it up, and then tested the device. I got a bluetooth headset and it paired fine with it. I then saw that there was a firmware update (to 1.29) and so I followed their instructions on how to update.

Soon turning the unit back on it seems that when I go to the bluetooth menu it says "Bluetooth address error"

Does anyone know how to fix this? (Maybe I should downgrade the firmware... but I can't find a link to 1.15)
simple: you have destroyed the mac address of your t10. if you can german, try this: http://www.mp3-player-forum.de/forum...pic.php?t=1424

Quote:
I've tried multiple times with the same 1.29 firmware... it doesn't do anything different
sure, when the mac address is missing.

Quote:
Hello BlueFyre,

have you had any luck with fixing the bluetooth address error?
I installed the firmware 1.55 on my brand new t10 and have the same problem. I wrote Samsung with the problem and they didnt have much to say about it except for "when you update the firmware the garantie is void". What a joke.

Thanks,

dbag
this boy was helped in the german forum^^

Quote:
When I've tried to send any file from my PPC to the T10, the connection fails... but, by the way, if I try to do it with my BT phone (Nokia 6260) it works perfectly.
yes, you can only send files from t10 to pc, not from pc to t10.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Samsung Moderator

Someone has suggested that you can write the MAC address to a text file and put it in the system folder and that will fix your issue. I don't know if it works, if it does can you tell me?

Anyway:
  1. Open Notepad and write down your player's MAC address if you know it. You probably don't so here's one (Don't do anything crazy, this is my player's but it doesn't matter because it's on bluetooth and not the interwebs) 00166C0B3A87
  2. Save that file as BT_MAC_ADDR in the sytem folder on your T10.
  3. Unplug and initialize.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:52 AM

Hello People,
Grüssi Leo!

I have tried to write a new BT_MAC_ADDR to my player twice, no success. If anyone else has gotten it to work I would appreciate a note about it here. I could maybe see the mac being a hardware written thing also, like with nic's. Another guy here in germany said that the mac is also printed on the inside of the case, but I don't think I wanna go there...

It is very odd that the mac address was overwritten from the new firmware. I have installed the firmware also with new MAC addresses on the player and they are not touched. Samsung germany is absolutly no help at all. They just like to keep reminding you that there is no guaranty anymore...

That said, any help would be greatly appreciated.
(It's my wife's player... )

dbag

Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 AM

yea i got a yp t9 and i used the right software to take of the music then i looked at the music folder and the music artist were still there! wtf so i relised i fucked it up so i brang it back to the store to get a new one and i sed it keeps frezing. so they sent it back 4 repairs and do a firmware update would they put it back to its factory settings cause i wan them to do that.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:46 PM

IIRC when I updated the firmware on mine it reset my settings to default so I think it will, although don't hold me to it.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:20 PM

Exclamation the address is NOT overwritten or changed by the firmware upgrade procedure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by original state v1.15 EU MTP
BLUETOOTH -> Bluetooth Settings -> My Device Info. -> Device name: YP-T10 | Address: 00166A0D120B
Quote:
Originally Posted by updated firmware to new state v1.55 EU MTP
BLUETOOTH -> Bluetooth Settings -> My Device Info. -> Device name: YP-T10 | Address: 00166A0D120B
ohne Worte.