android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung T10

Old 01-23-2008, 06:00 PM

what about jabra,logitech?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-27-2008, 09:26 PM

My T10 was not allowing me to upgrade to Firmware Version 1.55US no matter what I did, so I concluded that it was defective and exchange IAW with the extended warranty that I purchased with the player, and guess what?

DEFECTIVE!

Everything works great now, and the firmware upgrade corrected the issue I was having with no ID3 support for Ogg files - AWESOME!

I can't wait for the new firmware features...

"What bluetooth headphones do you suggest on a budget?"

As for a decent set of BT earspeakers for the T10/P2, I'm pretty happy with my Kyocera TXCKT10161, and they're easily found for around US 50.00.

Edit: I changed the model number to match the picture. Because the model number you had was for a mono headset. -Sassafras
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dav's Samsung T10 and P2 with Kyocera BT 001.jpg (65.6 KB, 25 views)

Old 01-28-2008, 10:49 AM

Page Date

But when does it come, i mean the firmware?. And will the korians get the firmware first?, and will it be more features on their firmware?

Do someone know?

Old 01-28-2008, 11:07 AM

The first one is already out, the second is due by the end of febuary, the third is due by the end of march.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweboy View Post
But when does it come, i mean the firmware?. And will the korians get the firmware first?, and will it be more features on their firmware?

Do someone know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterkyu View Post
Okay, the first one is about the welcome screen, which is already on the recently introduced firmware, the second one is about the bluetooth phone pairing! it's due by the end of february. the third one is about games!!! and bookmarks for videos and texts, and the availability of AAC. This firmware is gonna be really good! Especially with the games! The third one is by the end of March.
That was from the first page, in case you were wondering.

And yes, since Samsung is Korean-based, their home country will get the firmware releases first.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
and bookmarks for videos and texts
I sure hope that includes bookmarks for .mp3/.ogg for my podcasts.....I hate not having bookmarks for my podcasts. Anyone know?

Old 01-29-2008, 04:17 PM

As for as BT headphones are concerned I would NOT recommend the HBH-DS970. I have had them for about 8 months and would not get them again. They are not loud enough, the ear buds are not as comfortable as my other sony ear buds and they do not create a very good seal which means the bass isn't so great and ambient noise still gets in. On top of this, the lanyard is prone to tearing and exposing the wires underneath.

All of that would be OK, except that the BT range is pretty pathetic as well. I cannot have my T10 (or my previous iPod with BT adapter) in my pocket without the sony BT headset dropping the audio every now and then which is annoying. If you are absolutely going to go that way then get the HBH-DS980 which is supposed to address some of these issues....not sure that it improves on the range though.

Having said all that, I just purchased a very nice BT headset on eBay that looks just like an iPod shuffle and allows you to use your own headphones. It will connect to my T10 and my phone simultaneously, had AVRCP controls and has a built in mic. Best of all, it was only like 30 bucks!!! Check it out here...

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...mini&category0=

Last edited by sublimnl; 01-29-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: wrong link

Old 01-29-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimnl View Post
As for as BT headphones are concerned I would NOT recommend the HBH-DS970. I have had them for about 8 months and would not get them again. They are not loud enough, the ear buds are not as comfortable as my other sony ear buds and they do not create a very good seal which means the bass isn't so great and ambient noise still gets in. On top of this, the lanyard is prone to tearing and exposing the wires underneath.

=
Are you sure you didn't purchase the fake ones from Hong Kong, the ones I have block outside noise even on very low volume, they make me go half deaf as soon as I put them in my ears and that's without the music on and the bass is excellent quality, I even pick up background instruments being played when I couldn't on a hi-fi.

I did purchase the fake ones from ebay a few months ago but luckily having previously had an authentic pair (they got waterlogged well wkd blue logged in my bag one day) I straight away knew they were fake, everything you mentioned above sounds like the fake ones.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewillwinit6times View Post
Are you sure you didn't purchase the fake ones from Hong Kong
You bring up a good point, but yes I am POSITIVE they were the real thing. I DID originally get some from HK that turned out to be fakes and I returned them the next day and then went to buy my HBH-DS970's in an actual electronics store (I was past the point of wanting to save money and just bought them for full retail price of like $180 Australian). So yes, they are real and while they were MILES better than the fakes, they still have issues and I would still recommend the HBH-DS980 if you are absolutely going to stick with this type of setup from Sony.

I still recommend the Bluetooth shuffle clones I posted a link to on eBay over both of the Sony models though. Being able to use my own headphones goes a LONG way here and clipping the "shuffle" somewhere is a lot more inconspicuous than having a BT dongle hanging around your neck.

(btw, forgot to mention I was not a fan at all of the sliding fwd/rew mechanism on the DS970/DS980...simple buttons would have done the job much better)

Old 01-29-2008, 07:37 PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I just want decent wireless BT headphones for cheap.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slisochies View Post
What does the third wave say?
It looks like lyrics support, but there's also an image of the text viewer as well.
that isnt lyrics that is an ebook it says the lion the witch which i think is the lion the witch and the wardrobe which is a book

Old 01-29-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T10fan31 View Post
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I just want decent wireless BT headphones for cheap.
Its quite simple really...you read and then you comprehend. Our 3 posts are not that hard to follow assuming you have at least a little bit of an attention span. I DID recommend a decent set of wireless BT headphones for VERY cheap. Open your eyes and read again.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T10fan31 View Post
I just saw your emphasis on wireless...maybe you would like the moto S9's...

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/s9/

Old 01-30-2008, 12:39 AM

Ya i knew what you guys were talking about but im not using it for a phone, and the reason im getting BT headphones is because they're wireless. The ones you suggested had a bunch of wires.

But those moto s9's look nice

Old 01-30-2008, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
The MotoRokr s9's are fabulous for what they are.

Any of the LG headphones are totally respectable.
With the announcement of the S9 HD, we'll see what kind of difference the SRS WOW makes on the SQ ...link

"The Motorola S9-HD Bluetooth headset, an upgraded version of the award-winning MOTOROKR S9, adds surround sound with SRS WOW HD technology, reduces ambient noise and provides more comfort with redesigned ear buds."

Old 01-30-2008, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZxEfR View Post
I sure hope that includes bookmarks for .mp3/.ogg for my podcasts.....I hate not having bookmarks for my podcasts. Anyone know?
I'm pretty sure it's doable on mp3s, but i'm not sure about podcasts, since i never used them...

Used to have: Samsung T10, T9, Z5, T7, iPod Nano.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's doable on mp3s, but i'm not sure about podcasts, since i never used them...
Podcasts pretty much are mp3 files.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utew View Post
With the announcement of the S9 HD, we'll see what kind of difference the SRS WOW makes on the SQ ...link

"The Motorola S9-HD Bluetooth headset, an upgraded version of the award-winning MOTOROKR S9, adds surround sound with SRS WOW HD technology, reduces ambient noise and provides more comfort with redesigned ear buds."

I am a great fan of SRS WOW. My first mp3 player (Samsung YP-55) had it and it gave me the best SQ which I've ever had. I was really upset when Samsung stopped putting SRS WOW in theirs players, DNSe is similar but not as good, of course this is only my personal experience.

That Motorola S9-HD Bluetooth headset looks really good Finally we'll have the highest SQ form bluetooth headset - I am sure of this!

Propably I won't buy them in the nearest future (price will be extremely high to me, too high) but anyway I'm glad that that kind of technology eventually showed up.Maybe in one year time . . .I 'll feel it