android
Old 02-02-2008, 09:50 AM

Unhappy (Fast) Rewind on the Sansa View

I bought the Sansa View with the thought of using it first and foremost for the Audiobooks I listen to in the car ... then using it for music and podcasts as a secondary function.

I love the look and the feel of the thing, and I am getting used to manuvering through the menus. BUT I HATE THE (FAST) REWIND AND/OR FAST FORWARD FEATURE. I more properly should say lack of FAST FF or RWD.

If I some how screw up and...
  1. forget to turn it off when I get out of the car
  2. get distracted (by the cop behind who wants to give me a speeding ticket because I was so into what I was "reading" and not paying attention to what I was suppose to be doing)
  3. fumble and mistakenly go forward or backward a "chapter"
Then when I try to find my place ... it is near on impossible. The FF (Fast Forward) moves in segments of 10 to 15 second. If I am trying to find my lost place and it is a half hour or so away, it could take 15 minutes of cramping fingers (and an occasional lock up of the View) to get back (or forward) to my original place. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE IN MY BOOK. And the frustration level of these occasional errors are making the use of the View almost not worth it (and at a $150 price tag - this is really upsetting)

My question is this -
  • Is my View working properly and this is how Sansa has designed it?
  • or is mine mal-functioning?
  • or is there something I am missing here (I have read the manual on how to FF and I do seem to be following the instructions)
  • and if I did want/need to return it because it is malfuntioning .... any suggestions
Any and all help would be appreciated
PAX

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-03-2008, 05:49 PM

No offence but it amazes me at how angry people get at the slightest thing. It's a fast forward function not a severe bug or performance issue.

It sounds like you're reading E-Books when driving, is that a good idea? Regardless you could try splitting them up.

p.s - Malfunctioning is one word

Old 02-03-2008, 05:51 PM

Yah im sorry it does have a slow FF for files under 1 hour. U didnt screw it up though.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:04 PM

Sandisk needs to put back the feature that lets you "Scan Through" the song with the scroll wheel. I believe my e200 had the function.

I agree with some on the fact that FF is to freaking slow.
I will often record my clients when we are discussing how to design their website. However the mettigs can go for an hour or two. Since there is no book mark in the Recording section, you have to manually FF, which time consuming and crappy.

They really, really, need bring back the scroll function.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradavon View Post
No offence but it amazes me at how angry people get at the slightest thing. It's a fast forward function not a severe bug or performance issue.

It sounds like you're reading E-Books when driving, is that a good idea? Regardless you could try splitting them up.

p.s - Malfunctioning is one word
Actually, this is a severe performance issue, as it is impossible to find your place again without spending 10-15 minutes "fast" forwarding.

She's not reading e-books, duh, you can't read an e-book on a sansa view. She's listening to an audiobook. And it's very frustrating for those of us who do.

p.s. - 'Offence' is spelled 'Offense'

Old 10-02-2010, 07:08 AM

I use a program called mp3 splitter and joiner to join all parts of the audio book into 1 big mp3. The fast forward and fast rewind start out slow but then speed up after a few seconds. You may need to rip the chapters into mp3 format and then join them.