android
Old 02-22-2008, 12:45 PM

Default Have some questions to the T10

Hi
I'm new at anythingbutipod forums.
I can't speak English really great, but I hope you can understand me.
So...
I want to buy a Samsung YP T10 MP3 player. In the moment I have got another Mp3 Player: It's called Trekstor i.beat mood (http://www.trekstor.de/en/products/d...p?pid=45&cat=0).
But now I want to have a new Mp3 Player, at first a problem was that I hate apple (very expensive, but no good functions, Itunes etc. So I would buy only the brand and a realy bad Mp3 Player, wouldn't I?). But everyone Ipods are great! Buy one!...
After searching a lot I saw some checks with headlines like "T10 vs. Ipod Nano" - and the T10 was nearly always better than the Ipod. (OK, display of T10 and Ipod Nano are the same).
So I have some questions, before I'll buy the T10. I hope you can answer them .
1.)Does anyone of you now which Firmware the T10 has got, when I'll buy it by the amazon shop (amazon.de)?
2.)I heard that dust could "come in the Player in front of the display". Ist it true? What can I shield the player of dust?
3.)Is the price 108 € OK for the 4GB-Version in white?
4.)I heard Bluetooth isn't aviable, but I read that it has Bluetooth, too! What's true?
5.)Do you think the T10 is much better than the i.beat mood? So that it's profitable to buy the T10?

Edit:
6.)Is the sound quality realy good? Better than Ipod sound? Because I hate the sound of the Ipods!

I hope you can help me!
Yours
Mp3isgreat

PS: You ca answer in German and in English!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp3IsGreat View Post
Hi
I'm new at anythingbutipod forums.
I can't speak English really great, but I hope you can understand me.
So...
I want to buy a Samsung YP T10 MP3 player. In the moment I have got another Mp3 Player: It's called Trekstor i.beat mood (http://www.trekstor.de/en/products/d...p?pid=45&cat=0).
But now I want to have a new Mp3 Player, at first a problem was that I hate apple (very expensive, but no good functions, Itunes etc. So I would buy only the brand and a realy bad Mp3 Player, wouldn't I?). But everyone Ipods are great! Buy one!...
After searching a lot I saw some checks with headlines like "T10 vs. Ipod Nano" - and the T10 was nearly always better than the Ipod. (OK, display of T10 and Ipod Nano are the same).
So I have some questions, before I'll buy the T10. I hope you can answer them .
1.)Does anyone of you now which Firmware the T10 has got, when I'll buy it by the amazon shop (amazon.de)?The only thing that can be told for sure(or almost) is that the firmware should be european, but not which firmware
2.)I heard that dust could "come in the Player in front of the display". Ist it true? What can I shield the player of dust?Probably a leather case or silicone skin will so it
3.)Is the price 108 € OK for the 4GB-Version in white?Yeah the price is OK
4.)I heard Bluetooth isn't aviable, but I read that it has Bluetooth, too! What's true?the t10 does have bluetooth
5.)Do you think the T10 is much better than the i.beat mood? So that it's profitable to buy the T10?yeah the t10 should offer more capabilities, but may not be as good in terms of sound quality, although the sound quality of the t10 isnt bad at all

Edit:
6.)Is the sound quality realy good? Better than Ipod sound? Because I hate the sound of the Ipods!yeah, better sounding that ipoos for sure

I hope you can help me!
Yours
Mp3isgreat

PS: You ca answer in German and in English!
answers in bold

Old 02-22-2008, 01:14 PM

Thanks a lot for answering!
I think I will get it soon!

Old 02-23-2008, 12:22 PM

Default answer#6 isnt that serious *ggGgg*

1.)Does anyone of you now which Firmware the T10 has got, when I'll buy it by the amazon shop (amazon.de)?
i bought mine at amazon.de in Jan. Firmware was v1.15 EU; 2007/10 MADE IN CHINA

2.)I heard that dust could "come in the Player in front of the display". Ist it true? What can I shield the player of dust?
tape the top with selbstklebende Buchfolie, as the cheapest method. Dont use Tesafilm. Buchfolie is rather thick and easy to remove without Klebereste. Tesafilm (or 3M Scotch) is thin and too aggressive/sticky. Alternative: a case in leather or silicone.

3.)Is the price 108 € OK for the 4GB-Version in white?
Mine is white, too, and 4GB. I paid 129EUR at amazon.de, versandkostenfrei. That's 1 month ago only. You'll pay 21EUR less ( )

4.)I heard Bluetooth isn't aviable, but I read that it has Bluetooth, too! What's true?
The current BT-support is neither full (AS ADVERTISED IN THE STAMMDATEBLATT.PDF) nor flawless...but Samsung is working on improved Bluetooth support in future revisions of the firmware, so let's wait before we complain. But to answer your question: Yes, the T10 *has* Bluetooth.

5.)Do you think the T10 is much better than the i.beat mood? So that it's profitable to buy the T10?
the trekstor mood is not comparable with T10 (different price ranges), and not even the Trekstor motion. The only competitive Trekstor product is the Trekstor Sonix, which is as great as the T10 *IMHO*. However, from what i have read and generally speaking, German company Trekstor has a problem with Verarbeitungsqualität (also MADE IN CHINA). The touchNfeel of their players is 'cheap' and the players "die" soon. YouTubers enjoy wrecking them *droool*

6.)Is the sound quality realy good? Better than Ipod sound? Because I hate the sound of the Ipods! I didnt have enough money. That's why i bought the MADE IN CHINA T10, and not the high quality manufactured ipod. The ipod is the #1 world best-seller. Guess why. (Did this answer your question? hehe..)

Old 02-23-2008, 12:40 PM

The only reason the ipod is the worlds best seller is because of the easy-to-navigate user interface.The T10 has a better everything else(sound quality, picture quality, display, more features, longer battery life, custom EQ, FM radio, and bluetooth.)

Old 02-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

heh the ipod is selling the most because of advertisement, not for the interface, not for any of the features but music blayback, and now is a "cool" statement... so now everyone buys 'em cuz the *think* its better

Old 02-23-2008, 02:29 PM

Thanks for answering my questions!
After reading this I bought it in the amazon(.de) shop. So I hope the postman will bring it on Tuesday or with good luck on Monday.
But I changed:
I bought it in black
So thanks to all who answered my questions!

But one question I have now:
When I want to install the new firmware, has the player be updated on an lower version than 1.55 or is it able to update it from 1.15 directly to 1.55? (Hope you understand the question, because paraphrased it a bit --> German and can't speak - and write English as good as you ).

Quote:
heh the ipod is selling the most because of advertisement
I think so, too.
I know people who bought the Ipod touch. They thought that I'm jealous of it, but I'm not, because it's only an "eye catching" machinery. But apple is not silly:
Great design: Lots of peaople like it and buy it, so apple is thinking:
OK, lets get more money, so they developed socks for it.
6 socks costs 30€! http://www.amazon.de/Apple-iPod-Sock...3798183&sr=8-1
Another example is the universal docking station costing 50€!

Yours
Mp3isgreat

PS to placebo:
Quote:
I paid 129EUR at amazon.de
Don't be angry, a few days before posting here it cost 129€, too. So the price went down in the last 3 days.
Also nicht böse sein, habe mich eh gewundert warum der da so viel kostet, mp3-player.de hatte ihn da schon für 108 (musste man aber noch Versandkosten bezahlen) <-- Sorry for using German!

Old 02-23-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix-X View Post
and now is a "cool" statement... so now everyone buys 'em cuz the *think* its better
at least your honest -- your one of them, the buyers. hehe. *gg*

Old 02-23-2008, 04:22 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp3IsGreat View Post
I bought it in black
So thanks to all who answered my questions!

But one question I have now:
When I want to install the new firmware, has the player be updated on an lower version than 1.55 or is it able to update it from 1.15 directly to 1.55? (Hope you understand the question, because paraphrased it a bit --> German and can't speak - and write English as good as you ).

I think so, too.
I know people who bought the Ipod touch. They thought that I'm jealous of it, but I'm not, because it's only an "eye catching" machinery. But apple is not silly:
Great design: Lots of peaople like it and buy it, so apple is thinking:
OK, lets get more money, so they developed socks for it.
Black?? (your taste ) (hehe..)

Yes, you can update directly from any low version (e.g. 1.15) to the latest superhigh version. which i did. no intermediate steps/versions required to reach the highest.

Socks See? That's why i wanted to have the ipod. More cool, unnessary accessories, more community, more fun! I want now socks for my T10 too!!!

English?...yeah, both our written/spoken English seems c*ap *gg*(intentionally, because we r among youngsters and they speak like that)