android
Old 02-20-2008, 11:47 PM

Default zen clock

how do i set the clock on my zen? i cant figure how to update it. its like 10pm right now and on my zen its 5am, how do i change it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-21-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnandy View Post
how do i set the clock on my zen? i cant figure how to update it. its like 10pm right now and on my zen its 5am, how do i change it?
Go to 'Settings' > Clock settings > View clock

Press the menu button on the top-right and select 'Set time'. Then set the time by moving the up and down keys and selecting hours, minutes, etc. by moving right or left.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:50 PM

Default creative zen clock/ other questions

ahh.. i didnt not see that. thank you very much. i was surprised there wasnt an option before. thank you.

but i also have another question regarding the use of the creative zen. when i select an artist, how can i view all the tracks in all the albums? i like to listen to music thats in all the albums in shuffle.

-if a have a wrong album art, how do i change it?

-is there suppose to be a safety eject when i take the zen out of the usb connector? or do i just pull it out after it finishes syncing?

-when i had artist names wrong, i used the zen program and renamed them correctly, but when i view them on my zen, they list double. for instance, if i have like Bach or something, and another artist was Bach Suite, i would change it so their both Bach. and once i do that, there would be two Bachs listed on the zen. this only happened for a few artist names, but not all. how do i fix this? im positive the spelling and caps are all the same.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

when i select an artist, how can i view all the tracks in all the albums? i like to listen to music thats in all the albums in shuffle.

When you select an artist, you have to view inside each album. As an alternative, you can select an artist by highlighting the artist's name on the list and pressing Play. This will add every track by that artist to your Now Playing queue.

-if a have a wrong album art, how do i change it?

It has to be changed on your computer. If you use WMP11, MediaMonkey, or Media Explorer, you can simply drag and drop the correct album art onto the album representation and then resync. Also, be sure no two albums have the exact same name. This is a common problem with "Greatest Hits" albums.

-is there suppose to be a safety eject when i take the zen out of the usb connector? or do i just pull it out after it finishes syncing?

You can simply unplug the Zen after the arrows on the screen stop moving. For added precaution, be sure the arrows remain stationary for at least five seconds before unplugging.

-when i had artist names wrong, i used the zen program and renamed them correctly, but when i view them on my zen, they list double. for instance, if i have like Bach or something, and another artist was Bach Suite, i would change it so their both Bach. and once i do that, there would be two Bachs listed on the zen. this only happened for a few artist names, but not all. how do i fix this? im positive the spelling and caps are all the same.

Pay very close attention to the tags. Something as simple as a space at the end can cause that problem, and you've never catch it.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:03 AM

Just to note about using Artists > Albums: Using this method, you will only get the whole album if all the tracks in the album have the same Artist tag.

For example, with compilation albums, where the album artist is "Various Artists", you will not see "Various Artists" in the Artists list. Each track artist will be listed, but the album within will only have one track.

This will also be a problem with many Hip Hop albums, where the artists on each track are often different.

I really think there should be an Album Artist option, perhaps within the Albums category.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:59 PM

about adding album arts, if there a way to only sync the album art? there are some songs i do not want to sync.

and if i auto sync, it just skips all the songs i already have on the player right? if i edited the song on the player, but not on the song in wmp, will it be synced?

Old 02-24-2008, 03:36 PM

i also ffixed the artist thing. turns out there was a space AFTER the artist, so i couldnt tell.

sorry for the double post too