android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman > Walkman S Series

Old 02-17-2008, 02:06 AM

I would like the option to choose to have the hold button disable the screen from lighting up. I sometimes blind navigate in my pocket and I hate how it eats battery life because the screen is always on when I choose a song.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-17-2008, 03:58 PM

Posted this in another thread but here it goes again -

Here are the features I'd like to see (if the unit has them already let me know in a pm). I have the 818blk US version.

A status screen showing the actual memory used/free and if possible how much space each song is taking up.

Playlists on the go of course.

If there is any truth to the rumor the Sony transfers between pc and walkman aren't as fast as they should be, I'd like them to go faster then.

Adding pictures to the screen saver display be it the same one or random.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:23 PM

On-the-go playlist is my #1 request, just like most everyone else.

I'd also like title sorting (ignore "the" and "a" when sorting). Almost half my artists sort under "T" for "The", which is kind of annoying.

Oh, and I wish you could adjust button repeat speed... you know, the scrolling speed when you press and hold the up/down/left/right buttons.

I'd also like to adjust the scrolling speed for when a title is long and it needs to scroll across the screen horizontally... yeah I'd like to be able to speed that up a bit.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:28 PM

1. Sleep option (turn itself off after X minutes
2. Bluetooth (sounds like it is in the works
3. SDHC slot....(I know....would add to size, but the ability to have endless expansion is worth the size gain)
4. normal playlist support (already mentioned above)

Other than those 4 things...my 610 series is almost the perfect player. My Insignia pilot has 3 of the 4 above -- but falls on it's face in areas where the Sony owns. (Sound Quality,Start time,battery life.....The "instant on" with Sony is cool)

As a side note...I have owned a few sony mp3 players, and don't hold your breath for firmware updates. Will not happen. Especially new features in firmware updates...defiantly won't happen.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sog1971 View Post
1. Sleep option (turn itself off after X minutes
2. Bluetooth (sounds like it is in the works
3. SDHC slot....(I know....would add to size, but the ability to have endless expansion is worth the size gain)
4. normal playlist support (already mentioned above)

Other than those 4 things...my 610 series is almost the perfect player. My Insignia pilot has 3 of the 4 above -- but falls on it's face in areas where the Sony owns. (Sound Quality,Start time,battery life.....The "instant on" with Sony is cool)

As a side note...I have owned a few sony mp3 players, and don't hold your breath for firmware updates. Will not happen. Especially new features in firmware updates...defiantly won't happen.
I agree with you on the Sleep Timer and the SDHC slot! I eventually convinced myself I could do without the SD slot... but the lack of sleep timer almost stopped my from buying the 610.

As far as Bluetooth via a firmware update... I’m afraid that would be impossible due to the lack of transmitter and antenna are not hardwired into these units. However that shouldn’t stop you from enjoying Bluetooth with your 610/810. If it's a must have... just plop down $70 for one of these Sony attachments and you’re good to go.

Bluetooth in the works? Actually... its been announced! Cool!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
Bluetooth in the works? Actually... its been announced! Cool!

Bluetooth is only for the new models A82X

Old 02-28-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emfa View Post
Bluetooth is only for the new models A82X
Not true. Unless its been proven otherwise... several sites offer a Sony Bluetooth accessory stating it will add Bluetooth capability to a 610/810 device..

Are you saying Sonys WLA-NWB1 attachment doesn't work on the 610/810? Check out the details section in this add. It clearly states "Compatible with S610 and A810 Series Sony Walkman MP3 players". The ad has been running on the Crutchfield site for at least a year. I would think if it wasn't true they would have yanked it by now. I don't know of anyone whose ever tried it so I can't say for sure if it works.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Samsung Moderator

emfa is confused. He probably didn't read your whole post. I think he was meaning to confirm that Bluetooth is only built in on the new a82x models. Add-on bluetooth works great with that sony attachment.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:22 PM

I am not confused... thats why i posted the link.. maybe it wasnt simple to understand, sorry