android
Old 02-28-2008, 10:28 PM

Default Screen covers

So I just bought a 818, and I'm pretty pleased with it (replaced my iaudio x5l which only holds a 20 minute charge now) but I'm thinking about the screen getting scratched up.

I used an invisible shield on my iaudio, but I dunno that it was really all that "invisible." I'd like the screen to look as nice as it can, and I know covering it up with something is going to affect that. I'd like to start using this device in my pocket and not have to worry about it when I have loose change or something in there with it.

Anyone have any opinions or suggestions?

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-29-2008, 04:47 PM

Some suggestions for protecting your digital audio player (DAP) screen:

- Use the screen protectors designed for PDAs. They can be cut to size and are likely to be less expensive than buying custom screen protectors specifically for the A810 series DAPs.

- Buy a cell phone carrying case. Some of the generic cell phone cases will nicely fit your DAP and they can be slipped in your pocket or clipped to your belt. They are also fairly inexpensive (I paid less than $10 for one).

- The clear case specifically designed for the A810 series. This is the most expensive option, but also is likely the best one. In addition to protecting the entire DAP (not just the screen), it also allows you access all of the player's controls and connections without removing the case. It also had one other advantage for me: I found the player itself is a little bit to small for my hands, but in the case the player is large enough for my hands.

I hope that helps.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:02 PM

dont buy fellow's, it is the opposite of what you want. Thick and blurry

Old 02-29-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emfa View Post
dont buy fellow's, it is the opposite of what you want. Thick and blurry
I'm not sure which was is case is thick and "blurry" but I just got one of these delivered today and its "Crystal clear". It has absolutely no effect on viewing pleasure. As far as being thick... it does add a little bulk to the player but I like it. It makes the player easier to handle. I measured the thickness of the player with and without the case. Overall it makes the player exactly 3/16 of an inch thicker. All the controls work great. I love it.

The case is also polycarbonate (i.e, super hard) so I don't have to worry about sitting on it or breaking the screen.

For what we have wrapped up in these with the cost of the player and upgraded headphones I don't see $20 as expensive case, I see it as a cheap insurance policy.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMP3PlayerFan View Post
Some suggestions for protecting your digital audio player (DAP) screen:

- The clear case specifically designed for the A810 series. This is the most expensive option, but also is likely the best one. In addition to protecting the entire DAP (not just the screen), it also allows you access all of the player's controls and connections without removing the case. It also had one other advantage for me: I found the player itself is a little bit to small for my hands, but in the case the player is large enough for my hands.

I hope that helps.
I bought one and love it. Great investment and the best way to ptotect your player. And your right it makes it easier to hold in your hand.

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB

Old 03-02-2008, 07:38 PM

Decided on one of these too. Thanks for the link, about 5 bucks cheaper than anywhere else! Hope it gets here soon. I'm pretty close to NYC so it can't be terribly long. Until then I've been keeping my new player wrapped up in a lens cloth.. It'll be nice to be able to toss it around a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
I'm not sure which was is case is thick and "blurry" but I just got one of these delivered today and its "Crystal clear". It has absolutely no effect on viewing pleasure. As far as being thick... it does add a little bulk to the player but I like it. It makes the player easier to handle. I measured the thickness of the player with and without the case. Overall it makes the player exactly 3/16 of an inch thicker. All the controls work great. I love it.

The case is also polycarbonate (i.e, super hard) so I don't have to worry about sitting on it or breaking the screen.

For what we have wrapped up in these with the cost of the player and upgraded headphones I don't see $20 as expensive case, I see it as a cheap insurance policy.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkonami View Post
Decided on one of these too. Thanks for the link, about 5 bucks cheaper than anywhere else! Hope it gets here soon. I'm pretty close to NYC so it can't be terribly long. Until then I've been keeping my new player wrapped up in a lens cloth.. It'll be nice to be able to toss it around a bit more.
You will not be disapointed.

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB

Old 03-02-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post

wait a month and see

Old 03-03-2008, 01:03 AM

What do you mean? Did you buy the same one and it didn't last? I thought you were saying earlier to avoid "fellowes" the brand..

Quote:
wait a month and see

Old 03-03-2008, 08:08 AM

I am talking about these

http://www.amazon.com/Fellowes-Write...4553273&sr=8-2

bought them at radioshack and they havent resulted that well

Old 03-03-2008, 03:07 PM

Ok, thanks for the heads up! I'm eagerly awaiting my hard case now, can't wait.

Quote:
I am talking about these

http://www.amazon.com/Fellowes-Write...4553273&sr=8-2

bought them at radioshack and they havent resulted that well