android
Old 03-04-2008, 11:22 PM

So if I am reading all of this right, all of the stuff on pimpmyzen is basically just for the 30gb? I love the Explicit Content splash screen but Ive got a 60gb fatty.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-05-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Eskimo View Post
So if I am reading all of this right, all of the stuff on pimpmyzen is basically just for the 30gb? I love the Explicit Content splash screen but Ive got a 60gb fatty.
No, not at all the themes are kind of zvm specific. They come in firmware archives which the 30 gb zvm accepts. They can be converted so the 60gb accepts it, though. Use the 60gigabytifier.

The following players are supported by the creative wizard. And can be modded. Especially font change would be very easy.

Zen Vision:m 30 gb
Zen Vision:m 60 gb
Zen Vision
ZEN
Zen vision:w
Zen V (and some other versions of this player)

They're also working on the other players.

EDIT: Apparently the CreativeWizard converts firmware too.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:56 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbaluba View Post
You can download a font that is naturally smaller. Think there are some fonts called tinyfont or something which is pretty small. There's also a possibility for size change now that every part (i think) of the firmware has been successfully decrypted. We just need someone to find out exactly how the firmware works.

As mcuelenaere is working hard on the rockbox, i don't think it will happen too soon.

I bought a domain name for my site btw, now it's www.pimpmyzen.com
Your website has been quite a help.

I went to dafont and tried some bitmap fonts, even down to 8px, but I still get the same amount of entries per screen when browsing my video folders. Oh well.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 AM

Sorry if i made myself unclear. What i meant to say was that; you can't change the font size. But, you can change the font type. For example, verdana size 8 is bigger than times new roman size 8.

Changing the font on the dafont.com only changes the preview. The font file still stays the same.

If you like it really small (and a bit ugly) try this font: http://www.dafont.com/tiny.font

There might be other better looking fonts, just browse dafont.com a bit and look for fonts that look small compared to the other fonts.

If you find a nice font, please tell me, and i will add a link to it in my guide.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:23 PM

I'm pretty happy with Arial Narrow. It works well for both the ZVM screen and video out. It's very readable, and is especially handy with long titles, since it displays more characters within the same amount of space.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I like Arial, but like X360 even more. I think it looks really good.

My preferred video/audio converter, DVD ripper: Media Coder

Players I own: Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB, Net MD MZ-S1

Old 05-14-2008, 03:06 AM

Help Questions

Hi, I have not posted on abi in almost 6 months but I have been checking monthly for any updates on getting custom firmware onto the Creative Zen Vision:M. I'm extremely excited and happy about the recent breakthroughs but I still have some concerns and questions.

1. Rockbox

My first question is probaly a very straightforward answer. I don't think I'm actually quite understanding the developments made. Despite the fact that the Vision: M's firmware has been cracked and that it has been able to run, Rockbox is able to run on a ZVM however there are still problems and there is continued testing, Right?

2. Clarification of features

Another clarification really, What we are able to do currently is:
  • Use custom fonts on the ZVM
  • Use custom splash screens on the ZVM
  • Use custom themes on the ZVM
Is there anything else that can be done as of yet?
3. Concerns
I read a comment in the chatbox on the pimp my zen website saying:

Hey guys , I am still having problems with my zvm , I tried reinstalling the software and the firmware a few times , is there a possibility where i can downgrade my fimware?and if not , do you still think i can send it to the factory even though i installed the custom firmwares from this site on ?
Is it possible to revert back to the regular firmware for the ZVM, are there many reported cases of problems like this? I am able to wait for months yet for everything to be safe and stable and won't risk anything until there is a relatively low chance of problems occurring.
4. Games/Software
The main reason I am very interested in following all this cracking etc. is because I really want to play games on my ZVM and emulate games also like Gameboy games. Will this be possible in the near future, if at all?
5. Zen V+
I noticed on pimpmyzen.com that there was a category for downloads for the Zen V and despite the complete lack of content (Which is completely understandable) this also caught my eye. I own a Zen V+, surely the V and V+ are fairly similar so why no V+ mentioned?

Thanks very much, I tried not to rant on and I apologize if these questions have been previously answered. My main concern is whether there is a risk of screwing up my ZVM, if it's all pretty safe then I'm very keen.

Last edited by noturning; 05-14-2008 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Formatting

Old 05-23-2008, 10:46 AM

I may have missed this issue somewhere in this thread, but I am new here and skimming some. Sorry if this has already been covered.

None of the links on the modding website work for my browser (IE6). Every time I click a link, IE6 stops me. It may be my security settings, but I'm not going to change them just to get new fonts on my ZVM.

I'd like a bolder .ttf, but cannot seem to access any of the links on pimpmyzen.com. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Nevrmind. I've got it now.

Ahhh......Nope. All the links to the firmware updates on the bananweb.mine site are listed as "restricted" by my browser. Usually when I work around this by going through Google or something, my virus checker goes off, stopping a virus off a bad site.

I don't want a new theme, just slightly bolder fonts. However, since pimpmyzen is warning that the 2/08 ZVM updater may screw up the ZVM if you are using WinXP, I'm a little nervous about messing with this stuff.

Last edited by BobbyRS; 05-23-2008 at 07:13 PM.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ever try Firefox? It works great with Firefox and IE7.

Zen FAQ

Old 05-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I believe the only way to screw up your ZVM is to upload firmware for a different player, which is pretty hard to do. I've changed my font a dozen times, and changed my theme a handful of times and haven't run into any problems. As to why you are having problems visiting www.pimpmyzen.com I don't know whats going on there, as BobbyRS mentioned, the site works on Firefox. I highly recommend Firefox 3 RC1, really fast and added features that are really quite handy.

My preferred video/audio converter, DVD ripper: Media Coder

Players I own: Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB, Net MD MZ-S1

Old 05-27-2008, 09:42 PM

don't fret, i used it in windows xp with no issues what so ever, just get firefox (i second the motion that FF3 rc1 is pretty nice) to access the page, and you are good to go

Old 12-01-2008, 08:36 PM

i guess rockbox have not gotten to this yet.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Status

Zen FAQ

Old 12-23-2008, 04:31 PM

Default Album Art Redux

Okay -- I don't play much with this toy, but I finally used these forums to figure out how to change the fonts on my ZVM 30. I like the "vibrocentric" bold .ttf recommended. Not too difficult once I cleaned up IE6. BTW, I do have Firefox 3.5 installed, but don't like it as much as IE6.

Anyway, I am hoping one of these young wippersnappers will figure out a way to make the embedded album art bigger in the viewing screen, like you can do by pushing the center button on the Zen V Plus. I have spent many hours tagging and re-tagging all of my mp3's with the correct artwork, and I have seen a friend's iPod display great full-size artwork. I hope someone is working on this.

Amateurs study the plan. Professionals study the assumptions.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:40 PM

Default ZVM modding toolkit

Does anyone still have a copy of the ZVM modding tools, and especially the font changing code?

All the links I can find are dead..

Old 12-01-2012, 04:30 AM

is that all the firmare does? just changes the font/theme?

Old 12-01-2012, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurdz View Post
is that all the firmare does? just changes the font?
Firmware

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-11-2012, 05:36 PM

Default Late To the Party

I have always wanted to install custom firmware onto my 60GB Zen. Do the files and instructions for this still exist? I can't find anything to allow me to do it?

Old 02-13-2014, 09:44 AM

Default Creative Wizard

I still have copies of Creative Wizard and some of the firmware files. I don't remember exactly how to use it, but I think it's easy enough. Font changes are easy. You can make custom graphics. I have a few of the modded firmwares with graphics as well. Let me know if you still want a copy.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK2H View Post
I still have copies of Creative Wizard and some of the firmware files. I don't remember exactly how to use it, but I think it's easy enough. Font changes are easy. You can make custom graphics. I have a few of the modded firmwares with graphics as well. Let me know if you still want a copy.
I would love a copy! PM me a Dropbox link or something, plz.