03-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Sansa Fuze Prerelease FAQ
Please take a look at this front page post. It has some inital thoughts, photos, and a video of the interface.
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Please try to keep the questions to features i would like to save that for the full on review.
Does the Fuze have the same sound quality as the Clip.
Does the microSD card integrate into the main library?
- Yes. But please note that having the same audio chip does not always mean it will have the same sound quality. Board architecture and other components also play a factor in sound quality.
Does the Fuze support MSC?
- Yes. All Sansa do and probably always will.
Can I use the Fuze on Mac or Linux?
- Yes. The Fuze supports MSC and MTP. Just like the Clip this is user selectable in the options menu.
How suitable is the Fuze for Audiobooks?
- Linux or Mac can be used by changing the USB mode to MSC. However, Sandisk only offers tech support for windows. If you need support for Mac or Linux, there are always people in this forum willing to help.
- The Fuze supports Audible bookstore (.aa DRM) and with Audible files it supports chapter mode.
- You can also add your own audiobooks to the audiobook menu simply dropping them into folder.
- The audiobook menu supports slow, medium, and fast speeds; but will not pitch correct.
- Scan speed is progressive so long files can be scanned though fairly well.