android
Old 02-17-2008, 10:17 PM

Default Sony NWZS615FBLK 2GB Walkman Video Transfer Problem

After several weeks of trying, I FINALLY got a video converter to work for me so I can convert video files to mpeg4 to play on my Walkman, and now the Walkman won't let me transfer the files. I get this error message:

The <name of file> file type is not supported on this device. If it is a media file, you may be able to use Windows Media Player to convert the file to a playable type prior to transfer. Do you wish to skip this file now?

The only choices it gives me are Skip, Skip All, and Cancel and it won't allow me to transfer the file to the device. I don't think it's a problem with the file because I tried to transfer a video that I KNOW the device will play because it's played it before, and I still get the same error message. I read that it was something to do with Windows reading it as an MTP device, but there's got to be some way to get around it or at least get Windows to just see it as a USB Mass Storage device. Please help me!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-18-2008, 02:34 PM

You might need to add the file extension to name of the file. Maybe the file extension got erased somehow

For example: Old School.avi

Old 03-12-2008, 03:40 PM

To put it into UMS mode, go into device manager, and open the properties for the walkman. Select update driver, and select to manually pick the driver to install. There should be 2 options in the window: MTP Device and Mass storage device (or something similar. To go back to MTP mode, just do the same thing except pick MTP.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:56 AM

Somewhere in the manual said you may not be able to transfer AAC and Video files before installing Windows Media Player 11. I think it is for MTP mode so you should not have such problems with UMS/MSC mode.