android
Old 03-12-2008, 10:44 PM

Default Songs Disappearing from Pilot

Twice I have had about 100 songs disappear from my Pilot after disconnecting it from my computer. Rebuilding the database seemed to proceed normally. Entire albums disappeared, not individual songs. Anyone else experienced this?

I only have about 370 songs on the Pilot, about 36 albums. Yesterday I exchanged the Pilot for a new one, primarily because of glitches in video play, but because of the song loss as well. Too early to tell if will make a difference. The video glitch is still there so I'm afraid the other problem will resurface as well.

Any thoughts about what might be going on?

Dana

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-18-2008, 12:45 AM

So... no one else around here experiencing songs disappearing from their Pilot, whole albums actually?

My replacement Pilot lost an Album today when unplugged from USB. When I tried to resync 6 of 8 songs resynched, the other 2 were reported as already on the device. The only way to get the other 2 back was dragging them into the Pilot in Files and Folders mode, losing the album art associated with them of course.

Running Windows XP SP2, WMP 11. I've run chkdsk against the internal flash to no effect.

Dana

Old 03-19-2008, 06:57 PM

Whenever i try to delete an album or artist on the pilot (clicking on the album and then moving down to delete in the 'add to now playing, play all, etc. list') it deletes another artist...and always the same artist too, heh

My only suggestion would be that if you're not already doing it, to copy and paste your songs manually onto the "Music" folder in the Pilot rather than using a media player such as iTunes or Rhapsody to sync them.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:29 AM

If I could get the album art to display using drag and drop that is what I would do. Until then I will continue to use a Media Player to sync music to my Pilot.

Your problem sounds like some crosslinked files. I have my doubts how robust the database building is for the Pilot.

Dana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaruNinja View Post
Whenever i try to delete an album or artist on the pilot (clicking on the album and then moving down to delete in the 'add to now playing, play all, etc. list') it deletes another artist...and always the same artist too, heh

My only suggestion would be that if you're not already doing it, to copy and paste your songs manually onto the "Music" folder in the Pilot rather than using a media player such as iTunes or Rhapsody to sync them.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:53 AM

Well when i delete the songs one at a time (This is on the pilot not connected to the computer) it works fine...O_o

For me, album art doesnt even work half the time anyways. I just go to iTunes, add the album info (including the art) for the songs, and about 85% of the time the album art is saved on the songs when i drag and drop them onto the computer

Old 03-24-2008, 11:45 AM

My latest post in the .alb art thread lists how I am able to get album art to work with file & folder mode. It does take a little work, but I've found very little other than frustration with MTP.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:53 AM

Default Song are all gone

JUST TURNED IT ON, PLUGGED TO MY MAC

THEN DRAGGED SOME MP3s

NOTHING SHOWS UP

AND ALL MY OTHER SONGS DONT SHOW

BUT IF I CLICK ON DRIVE THEY SHOW

BUT DONT SHOW ON PILOT

I COPIED AND PASTED AND NOTHING

...HELP

Old 12-05-2008, 08:10 AM

Don't have a MAC and my caps lock is not broken, so...
Do they show up as //Music/Artist/Album folder structure?
I take it you already have the player set to File & Folder setting and NOT <-caps not broken> Automatic?
Recommend reformat and try again...
If all else fails, trun off File & Folder option and try Automatic by connecting to the MAC with the Player turned off and in "locked" position.
Are you sure the files are *mp3 and NOT DRM'd?
Is this reproduceable on a PC?

Old 09-04-2009, 02:13 AM

My Pilot is doing the same thing with whole albums coming up missing and sometimes just 1 or a few songs. I'm recrding on Windows media player at the library and thought perhaps I unplugged the player when you're not supposed so now I'm being super-careful and will see what happens. If it continues to happen though the player will not hold much use for me I bought it about a month ago as 'refurbished' so I probably have a 90 day factory waurentee and would send it back as a last resort.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:33 AM

That was happening to me but now I'm real careful about disconnecting the usb until I'm sure it's ok and think that should stop the disappearing songs. Also it seems these players have fully integrated sd cards and when card is in player songs are categorized by artist and album and when card is removed then of course stuff disappears.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:33 PM

I had troubles losing music until I stopped fiddling with the transfer mode, and left it on Auto. When I switched from File and Folder to Auto and back I would eventually lose music.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhartsoc View Post
I had troubles losing music until I stopped fiddling with the transfer mode, and left it on Auto. When I switched from File and Folder to Auto and back I would
eventually lose music.

Plaese elaborate because I'm losing whole albums and not sure why and my connection type has been on auto the whole time.

I'm using windows media player and am theorizing that PERHAPS by connecting the player to computer when player is in 'Now Playing' mode maybe that's why + when stuff is getting lost. So now I'm making sure pilot is in a mode such as FM when connecting + ripping music. We'll see if that makes a difference because the last album I lost was playing while I was ripping music.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:22 AM

I hope that works for you because I don't have any other suggestions. Keeping the connection type to Auto has been the best solution for me. That said I have a couple incidents while the Pilot was connected to my computer and for some reason the computer would reconnect with the Pilot as if I had unplugged it, and plugged it in again. In those instances I lost albums, and in one case the file system was scrambled on the Pilot.

These days I back up the Pilot to my computer so it is easier to restore it if something were to happen.

Dana

Old 10-04-2009, 03:04 PM

Nope nothing works for me as I'm still losing whole albums and it seems like they're the same ones everytime.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:46 AM

That stinks. Have you tried reformatting the drive and loading your music again?
Are you using the same USB port... on the pc or a hub? Do you just unplug from the USB port or do you use Safely Remove Hardware? I had bad experiences with the latter in the beginning so never did that anymore.

How much music is on the Pilot? There is a file limit.

Really grasping at straws here.

Dana