android
Old 03-19-2008, 04:40 PM

Default Zen or A810...QUICK!

hey, i need help to either get the Zen or Sony A810,(i know this really should be in the Compare section, but 1)the section is pretty much dead, and 2)I already made a thread there but the replys were just this dude telling me to buy the Cowon D2 instead(i don't like the Cowon lol), and then a post telling me to go read the reviews of both MP3's , but that'll take too long.

i'm either getting the Sony A810 (4g) or Zen (2g), the 4g Zen is sold out but i could buy a 4g SD card for it. But the thing that puts me off is that the SD isn't integrated on Zen library , but i hope they'll put that in a Firmware soon...

Also it has a bigger Screen(2in / 2.5in), which some might think not that much difference but i'm proberly gonna have alot of videos, and maybe a few films,...and i know the Zen has a 16.7m display against the A810's 267k(i think), so does that mean the video quality on the Zen is better?..

What makes me want to buy the sony is that i've heard the Zen's screen can go all black and stay like it(lock up), but is that just with the 32g, plus most people i read about who had it is from America but i live in Ireland, so would that make a difference??

FINALLY!!, i'm getting it tommoro MORNING, which is in like 11hrs for me, so i would appreciate it if someone could get back to me

THANK YOU FOR YOU TIME, I NO ITS A LONG POST

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-19-2008, 05:09 PM

Zen for gadgetry, Sony for sound quality/long life/simplistic mp3 listening.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:22 PM

thx m8
so is Zen better Video quality?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:55 PM

I would say so. I played with the sony at Best Buy and I like the Zens screen better. If you are into moving a lot of files back and forth, like videos, etc. Get the Zen. Get it at a place you can return it if you don't like it. Mess with it for a few days.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:37 PM

kk, i'll get the Zen. i'll just have to deal with the SD's not being integrated lol

Old 03-20-2008, 02:27 AM

just get one step higher than the space you need. like if you have 7gb or 8, get the 16gb like i did. if you have like 16gb or 20 or something, get the 32gb. use the SD card for movies and pictures. of course you dont have to do this if you can bare with the sd card.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill View Post
I would say so. I played with the sony at Best Buy and I like the Zens screen better. If you are into moving a lot of files back and forth, like videos, etc. Get the Zen. Get it at a place you can return it if you don't like it. Mess with it for a few days.
Agree....Wal-Mart sells the Creative players. I bought a Zen-V there before I returned it after 2 days....I just could not get over the little nub of a control stick.....and that I was locked at 4GB with no possibility of upgrade.

I (We...wife & I) have 2 - 4GB Zens, and it works great for me.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2KGTP View Post
Agree....Wal-Mart sells the Creative players. I bought a Zen-V there before I returned it after 2 days....I just could not get over the little nub of a control stick.....and that I was locked at 4GB with no possibility of upgrade.

I (We...wife & I) have 2 - 4GB Zens, and it works great for me.

I agree! My stepson has the 1g Zen V and while I like the compact nature, the little nub is too inaccurate IMO.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Go with the Zen and save the money for a nice set of IEM's and a pizza. The new sonys are nice but over priced and with a bit of tweaking you'll get some sweet sound out of the Zens! As for the videos,...... they look great on the Zen - clear and bright.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:43 PM

hm had the same problem
i bought the Zen cause it has more functions
and it was cheaper (what was good 4 me cause a has to pay my driving licens atm -.-)