android
Old 03-23-2008, 02:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Fuze at Best Buy

I went to Des Moines, Iowa yesterday and saw the 2GB Fuze at Best Buy, even at all three of them. They even had one display at one of the stores. I am not sure if all the Best Buys are like this, but I thought I would put the info out.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-23-2008, 02:52 AM

i will check my local best buy tomorrow. sounds cool....

Old 03-23-2008, 08:08 PM

hmm i dont know whether i should get the 2 gb or the 4 gb to replace my e250.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for the info.--when I was at my local BB last week, no Fuzes but 2 different Fuze cases/accessory packs--amusing.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:27 PM

I didn't check the brick and motor stores, but Best Buy seems to have the Fuze back-ordered online with free shipping. The expected shipping time is in 1-2 weeks. I just grabbed one; beats Amazon's 1-4 month wait

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1202649765447
According to the site, it was available in most stores in my area; which is Chicago.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:47 PM

I saw the 8GB Silver one at the Best Buy in Hanover, MD (Arundel Mills Mall) this afternoon. Slick looking player. If it was only 16GB I'd have bought it on the spot!

Old 03-24-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp952 View Post
I saw the 8GB Silver one at the Best Buy in Hanover, MD (Arundel Mills Mall) this afternoon. Slick looking player. If it was only 16GB I'd have bought it on the spot!
Damn I wish I could of brought it there. I don't want to kill $4 bucks to commute to BestBuy.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Zune Moderator

They are out there, just not everwhere.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:15 PM

Once stores (such as Bestbuy) advertise the Fuze in their weekly newspaper ads, then it should be relatively easy to buy. I think that stores are waiting for the 4gb models that come in different colors to release before any type of advertising.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:11 PM

I just brought home an 8gb Fuze via bestbuy.com with in store pickup. 2 of the 3 nearby Best Buy's had them as 'available' for instore pickup. Oddly, neither had the 8gb Fuze on display on the floor (just the 2gb models where displayed).

Gaurhoth

Old 03-25-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurhoth View Post
I just brought home an 8gb Fuze via bestbuy.com with in store pickup. 2 of the 3 nearby Best Buy's had them as 'available' for instore pickup. Oddly, neither had the 8gb Fuze on display on the floor (just the 2gb models where displayed).

Gaurhoth
REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!!! Or, at least some first impressions, please. What part of the country are you in?

Old 03-25-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolist View Post
REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!!! Or, at least some first impressions, please. What part of the country are you in?
I'm in central Ohio.

Barely cracked the box open, so it's hard to say alot at the moment. This is my first SanDisk player and only my second mp3 player. The first is the Insignia Pilot; so I'm very likely to draw comparisons.

Physical observations:
The unit has a rubber-like backing that I find appealing for unknown reasons. Sometimes, you just 'like' something It does provide for a bit more solid 'grip' both in hand and on smooth surfaces.

The proprietary cable is a bit of a disappointment, but not a show-stopper. However, one thing I do NOT like is the headphone jack is butted up against the Sync Cable connector and it makes it almost impossible to unplug the sync cable while the headphones are plugged in. There just isn't enough room to squeeze the releases of the sync cable.

During first impressions, the Scroll Wheel is solid and very smooth. Much smoother than the Insignia Pilot's wheel. The scroll wheel controls scrolling through the menus and volume in most screens. There is no 'jog-dial' like forward or reverse (as there is in the pilot). At least not that I can find.

Screen is adequate... but then I don't intend this for video so I'm not too harsh of a critic on that aspect.

As for audio quality... my first few minutes has been mainly listening and experimenting with audio book support... which doesn't lend itself well to judging audio quality. In addition - I have pathetic ears for detail

I'll comment some more on audio book support as I get more familiar with the unit.

Gaurhoth

Old 03-26-2008, 06:41 PM

Thanks that looks like a very fair first look. I'll probably end up getting one, especially with memory card prices falling all the time. I really like the size, relatively large screen, memory expansion, and of course the sound quality. It looks like a winner.