android
Old 02-22-2008, 11:11 PM

@pybcu:

Those are all really good ideas.

About the previous song in shuffle mode, that really annoys me too.
I would take it a step further and have the player remember every song in the playlist that it has played, allowing you to go back past every song you have listened to so far.
This would also allow the player to instead of picking a radom song from the entire playlist, only pick a song out of the songs not yet played (Like my media player on my PC does).

Lyric and AAC support are to be added in firmware updates due to be released in the next few months along with some games and improvements to the text viewer.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-23-2008, 10:22 PM

What really want in a future firmware:
LINE IN RECORDING
i want to be able to record using a mic or any device that outputs!!

Samsung can boost their sales if they include the above^^
Alot of people want a digital recorder that can attach a mic to, for better sound (the built in mic is weak!)
As of now, there isnt much to choose from...

Old 03-24-2008, 04:25 PM

First and foremost, improve the playlists on-the-go process. If Samsung needs help, go buy a Creative Zen Micro, and then copy that.

You should be able to add a whole album to a playlist. You should be able to rename the playlist. You shouldn't have to duplicate the songs on the player just to get a playlist (or go through the laborious process of adding each song individually).

Second, as others have mentioned, file management. You should be able to delete a file directly from the T10.

Third, change the way the player handles the sleep function. I like to fall to sleep listening to my MP3 player. But sometimes, I am still awake after, say, 15 minutes, and I want to be able to simply turn the player back on and have it set up for another 15 minutes. With the Samsung, once it shuts down, it reverts back to turning off the sleep function. This is not good at 3 in the morning, because you have to go back into the system setting and reset all this over again.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:55 AM

Some of these may be repeated, but what I would like is:

*more supported video formats (DivX, Xvid, flv?)
*more versatile album art (not ID3 embedded)
*lyric support
*a big clock as one of the music play screens
*more info (eg. bit rate, year) on the album info screen
*more audio formats, eg. flac, ape, etc.
*GAPLESS PLAYBACK
*GAPLESS GAPLESS GAPLESS!!!!!
*get rid of sammy on startup splash screen, especially when other themes are in use
*auto rotate of pictures so they fill more of the screen
*less lag (laggy touch interfaces annoy the hell out of me)

That's all I can think of now, I'm sure there's much more that can be improved in this great little player.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louwen View Post
*get rid of sammy on startup splash screen, especially when other themes are in use
I hate that as well. I really liked the "T10" animation when I first bought the player (firmware v1.29EU).

I didn't know T10 doesn't support gapless. Not that I tried really, but anywho.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranz223 View Post
It really needs to have gapless playback. They should have added this a while ago. They didn't put it on the K3, and now their not going to put it on the T10? How am I supposed to listen to Dark Side of the Moon?

Please Samsung, add gapless playback to the T10!
Yeah, people, that's the most frustrating thing! Pink Floyd really fails on T10 without gapless playback...
Let's write a petition to Samsung about this issue

And also I would like to see FLAC/APE support.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:57 PM

Default Wishlist

To show Samsung, that a lot of users are interested in a few improvements of the T10 - here are my wishes:

TOP PRIORITY:
= GAPLESS PLAYBACK!!!
I nearly returned my T10 when I heard/saw that it has no gapless playback!

= a clock would be nice (digital and/or analog)
= get rid of sammy on the startup splash screen
= a theme design software would also be great
= a possibility to move fast forward while playing a song
(maybe with "tap and hold")
AND to jump to the next title with the buttons
(maybe with "double tap")
would be nice, too
= 24h format
= m3u playlists

Ok - so much for today ... I hope Samsung listens to my prayers

Old 05-01-2008, 11:09 PM

@VooDooMaster
There already is a digital clock. It is in the top right-hand corner.

I'm not too sure what you mean by being able to fast forward and skip songs with the buttons as it is already possible by holding the right arrow to fast forward (and rewind with the left) and just tapping the right button will skip to the next song.

I do agree with your other suggestions. That sammy on the splash screen really annoys me. And that little bit of "welcome" music that plays. Why can't that be adjusted to the current volume instead of blasting out.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:24 PM

You can actually set the seek to whatever you want. tap and hold to fast forward, tap once for next track, tap once for skip 5 seconds, and other things. its in the settings menu while playing a song. The new firmwares actually cut the gap between songs to almost nothing compared to the 1.15 US firmwares that originally shipped with the players.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:47 AM

A lot of people prefer the T10 rather than Sammy startup so maybe that could be one.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:08 AM

@Zolxen:
Oh! I should have tested my new player a bit more - or is it a feature of the new firmware?

@Slisochies:
I meant a display filling clock. Sorry - I should have said it more precisely.

After the 2nd week as a T10 owner two more "would be nice to have" things showed up:

- an alarm feature: set a time, listen to music and at the alarm-time a signal interrupts the music

- show the remaining time of a song (alternatively or in addition to time elapsed and the complete length) ... ok ... not really important .. I can do a bit of mental arithmetic

BUT ... no GAPLESS PLAYBACK ... that's the major shortcoming of the T10!
Nobody here with good connections to Samsung?

Old 05-03-2008, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by pgh1969pa
1) Enable DNSe under Bluetooth so I can correct for the mediocre sound quality using the User EQ. The T9B (v1.80) has this feature and it sounds better than the P2 & T10 using BT. The newer Samsungs should not take away functionality provided by it's predecessors. Sony has also provided similar functionality in thier A72x/A82x series players.

2) Increase the allowable bit rate the P2 & T10 will stream to improve SQ. There is no way on earth these devices stream anywhere near the theorectical limits of BT 1.2, considering these are BT 2.0 devices. I've heard phones with better BT A2DP sound quality and they are phones. The Sony NWZ-A829 is good example can be done with A2DP sound quality. Competitive analysis improves the breed. It sounds like it's being held to a 64kbps bit rate at best. regardless of the theorectical max bit rates.

3) Enable the Bluetooth A2DP output under FM tuner as already implemented on the T9B (v1.80). The T9B sync cable serves as a antenna so this can be useful while charging.

4) Make the BT output quasi 'line out' as implemented in the T9B (v1.80) to prevent having to fool with two separate volume controls.

5) Don't allow a screen tap to change the music play screen. There is a menu option to facilitate this already so tapping on the screen during playback is redundant. An accidental screen tap forces someone tap thru all the options or go into menu to fix.

6) Enable RDS for all regions. Why RDS is limited so some regions completely escapes me.

7) When the library updates, have it actually organize the files better using the tags instead of the file names. If I select pay back by an artist with multiple albums, play them back one album at a time like the T9B, Sony NWZ-A829, and most mp3 players I've owned instead by the file name which allows it to jump back and forth through the albums.

The above comes from the P2 wish list but the same applies to the T10.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:52 PM

@VooDooMaster
No, this is nothing new. You could always fast-forward with tap & hold - you won't hear any sound while fast-forwarding, but very,very few music players do that. And you could always configure the "short tap" behaviour (next song, or skip X seconds or minutes)

My wishlist still holds true (go back a little to see it), since unfortunately none of the features were implemented yet[1], especially I'm a little bit disappointed that the following still is not working:
* "back" should work in shuffle mode as well (that is actually something I regard as a bug that should be fixed, not as a missing feature)

The other wishes would really be nice to have, but that one really, really annoys me.

[1] Well, except for AAC support - but I really want it for videos, audio-only AAC is useless to me. And since you need to have the aac in an mp4 container already, it is even more frustrating that the video track is ignored/that aac is not supported as audio for videos
Deletion of files now is possible as well. Thumbs up for that.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:44 AM

it would be great to be able to download firmware with all the features on it already, instead of having to download firmware and add all the other features, which to me are a hassle

Old 05-04-2008, 09:45 PM

AUTOMATIC DATACAST UPLOAD!
The way it is right now it's unusable.
I would like DataCast to update automatically by just plugging T10 in with an option to dedicate a specific amount of memory to it so.

SEPARATE AUDIO BOOKS FROM MUSIC!
Pleeeeeeeease! Why is this not top priority? Seriously! Am I the only that thinks this is a huge problem?
I want a separate folder for Audio Books!
There's nothing worse than having your Audiobooks playing in the middle of your songs. Nothing!... Well execpt a broken T10.

This two upgrade will increase the value of the T10.

Also I would like the delete option to be available in the "songs" folder not just the "Music browser" but that's not a big deal. The Datacast and Audio books are more urgent!

Last edited by BluePrince; 05-07-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Added one more thing.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:51 PM

I would like a wider selection of games for the T10, also UMS update.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:03 PM

i would like to be able to change the sensitivity of the scrolling. i have a lot of songs and its a hassle scrolling through so slow.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:53 PM

mmm

1) Bluetooth DnSe playback with EQ capabilities, my biggest problem by far! i have SBH100 bluetooth headset which costs alot of money and play back is crap without EQ active.

2) More mutiformat playback in audio - maybe AAC+ , WMA professional 10, M4A playback?

3) more video codecs , very annoying that you must use the one provided. Maybe Divx / Xvid playback, generic MP4, generic WMV

Old 05-12-2008, 02:16 PM

the usual stuff:

* fix album art & tagging for ogg's, wma's and aac's
* GAPLESS! = a must
* lyrics for the rest of the world
* more codecs support
* I'm feeling BluePrince! audio books have to have a separate folder. and I don't wanna see my datacasts anywhere near my video/music files!
* give us, male specimen, a true male skin! somming like BlueSteel or Magnum! lol
* get rid of the frigging dog at the startup.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_i_am09 View Post
i would like to be able to change the sensitivity of the scrolling. i have a lot of songs and its a hassle scrolling through so slow.
I absolutely second that! This is the most ridiculous lacking in the feature set. Why put out a large capacity player when it takes ages to scroll through, one-by-one, all your artists, albums or songs??? I've got 1,500 songs on mine, and if I want to get to a song beginning with 'M', it takes me about 3 minutes!!!! THREE MINUTES!! Ah, such a sweet little machine, but every MP3 player out there has some form of fast scrolling (screen by screen, scrollwheel, or alphabetised). Even the YP-T9 has is, so why couldn't they copy the feature over.

Dammit, I'm ranting. But this has really put me off the player, honestly.