android
Old 03-24-2008, 09:47 AM

Default Easiest DVD To Pilot Method?

OK, I'm to the point I want to load a couple of movies on my new Pilot. The first one I tried was The Matrix and the DVD I have is widescreen (16X9) .

I downloaded the trial of DVDFab Platinum because I had heard it was decent. The only DVD to Mobile option I could find that was 320X240 was under the Zune configurations. It ripped fine and then I used the Media Converter to convert it and copied to the Pilot. It plays fine, but it seems stretched. Is that because I ripped it to 320X240 so it stretched it to fit that resolution? Should I have used a different resolution? Anyone else using DVDFab that can tell me what standard configuration I need to use?

Is there better software to accomplish what I'm doing?
I'm all for open source/free software but if it does the job well I'm not opposed to purchasing the software.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-25-2008, 03:30 PM

Default Arcsoft Media Converter 2.5?

So I took the time to read up on AMC 2.5 and it looks like 2.5 supports DVD now. I'm wondering if it would be worth the ~$15 to upgrade to AMC 2.5? May have to give it a shot. If most stuff needs to be re-converted anyway I may as well do the rip and conversion (and transfer to my Pilot) all with one piece of software.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:13 PM

One 1 click solution I can think of is DVD43 and iriverter. Iriverter can make the properly formatted movies straight from VOB, but you would need the on-the-fly decryption that DVD43 offers. Personally, I rip the VOB using DVD decrypter so I can convert for PSP, PC/DVD archives and Zen Vision/Pilot all from the same "original". Please check laws in your country regarding removing encryption for re purposing and/or archiving DVDs.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:14 PM

Some follow-up for everyone. The AMC 2 that comes with the Pilot CAN be upgraded to AMC 2.5 for the $14.99 upgrade price. To upgrade you have to go into one of the .SET files in the installation folder of AMC 2 and copy the serial # so you can create an account at Arcsoft.com and register your OEM version of AMC 2. At that point you can choose to upgrade and get AMC 2.5. I'm at work so I don't have the name of the file with the serial # in front of me but if you want specifics just PM me.

Before upgrading to AMC 2.5 I downloaded the trial and used it to rip, convert and transfer several DVDs to my Pilot. No A/V synch problems with any of them and it worked very quickly. It's a nice one stop solution.