android
Old 02-02-2008, 03:18 PM

Default Anyone get the 4 gig Pilot with Bluetooth speaker?

I just got the Pilot this past week while Best Buy was offering the Insignia bluetooth speaker free. I'm putting it through it's paces during the 14 days I can still return it.

While the video is pretty good, I'm disappointed I have to convert everything I put on it. I've tried a few video podcasts but haven't found any I don't have to convert. Any good podcatcher that will download and convert video podcasts?

What do you think about the Insignia bluetooth speaker? The sound quality isn't bad but it's not really great over bluetooth. It can be a pain to get connected. I've had the player say it's connected but no sound. I haven't really tried with direct connection yet. I noticed that once I plugged a cable into the back, bluetooth seems to be unavailable. I wish I could keep both options available without having to reach around back to plug and unplug the cable.

I just tried comparing direct connection with bluetooth with music and there's some really annoying high frequency distortion that's not there when using direct connection. Bluetooth should be good enough for video and podcasts.

Tim

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-03-2008, 06:54 PM

Although I have not used the Insignia speaker, I have found that you have to adjust the equalizer on the Pilot for it to sound normal over bluetooth.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:09 PM

Can you provide details on the EQ adjustments you made? Thanks!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:42 AM

I don't have it with me right now, but is is best to just mess around with the eq until it sounds good for you. It really depends on the device you are using. In my car, I had to spend like 20 min getting the eq to sound good on the bt reciever, but I thought the standard eq settings were fine in my bt headphones.