android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman > Walkman S Series

Old 04-11-2008, 04:31 PM

Help How do I edit artist name, song titles, albums, and genre

I have a Sony Walkman NWZ-S615F mp3 player. I'm able to transfer my mp3 songs from my computer to the Walkman, but I am not able to edit the artitst, song title, genre, or album titles. Is there a way to do this?

I own an i-Pod and I use Ephpod to transfer my songs. I can easily edit the artist, song title, etc, using Ephpod. I want to be able to edit these things on the Walkman. For now, when I transfer a song, sometimes it comes out with the wrong artist, or some other part is incorrect and I can't edit it.

All my mp3 files are downloaded from Limewire. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-11-2008, 09:07 PM

I use WMP to edit the title, artist, album art etc.

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB

Old 04-11-2008, 10:02 PM

Unhappy

ok... I've been using WMP to put the songs on the Walkman, but i can't figure out how to edit the song information. I'll check it out some more. If you can briefly guide me through it, let me know. thanks

Old 04-11-2008, 10:30 PM

You can right-click on the field you want to edit, and choose ... "Edit". There are other ways as well, but this is the basic gist.

Once you're done, you need to go to the LIBRARY button and choose "Apply Media Information Changes" to get the changes persisted to the tags, or just leave WMP open for a while and it will do it automatically. Depending on the size of your library, this can take a very long time.

You might also want to check your settings under LIBRARY/More Options, the "Automatic media information updates ... group". If you have "Retrieve additional information from the Internet" selected, every time you change something WMP will go get it (from allmusic?) and overwrite your changes anyway. I leave that OFF, it's really freaking annoying to me and screws up your hard work.

Also, if you have "Rearrange music in rip music folder ..." enabled, and you keep your library in the rip folder (see "Rip Music" tab in the More Options property sheet), if you change the album name or album artist name, WMP will move the tracks to a new matching folder, and it won't bring the Folder.jpg along with it (only a problem if you need it and you have "Retrieve additional information ..." turned off.

Enjoy!

Old 04-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Try MediaMonkey of a prog called J.River Media Center. Either allows me to edit tags while the music is on my S618.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:30 AM

You can also use MP3Tag to edit each track's ID3 tags. When I was using WMP I used MP3Tag to edit the tag information (including adding album art) before loading the files into WMP.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:59 AM

Unhappy

Ok, I just figured out the problem I'm having with editing on WMP. When I right click on each song, the "edit" field does not highlight like the "delete" field or the "properties" filed. Does anyone know why I can't click on "edit"? Thanks

Old 04-12-2008, 02:18 PM

Are you trying to use WMP to modify the tags on the player itself, or in your "Library"? You can't edit things on the player, at least not as far as I know.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloydFan View Post
Ok, I just figured out the problem I'm having with editing on WMP. When I right click on each song, the "edit" field does not highlight like the "delete" field or the "properties" filed. Does anyone know why I can't click on "edit"? Thanks
You need to right click on the track you want to edit and scroll down to,
"Advanced Tag Editor". Then a window will open for that track and you can enter all the info you want. There are tabs on the top of the window to select. You can also add album art this way.

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB