android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 04-13-2008, 09:01 AM

Default How can i remove Album Art and prevent it happening in the first place??

Hi
I have 3000 individual mp3's on my Zen and no Album Art as no Albums and i don't want it..
I use Media Monkey to make sure no Album Art before i send to Zen with CMS.However i recently have found that despite showing no AA in MM that once i sent the songs to my spare Zen and they were all infected with one piece of art.
I've check again in MM and there is no Art showing,But if i play the song using WMP10 that this piece of Art shows for all the songs i sent.I have disabled the Library retrieval in WMP.
First of all where the hell is this little bugger thats causing me the problems.?Does'nt show in MM.
And secondly how do i make sure no art gets sent to my Zen in future?

Thanx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-13-2008, 09:19 AM

There is a feature in WMP that automatically tagged the AA to one or more of your songs. Look in the help file to turn it off or another member can help, as I don’t use it. Then find the file in question and remove with the software of your choice MM.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 04-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

What program are you using to sync to your ZVM? WMP can store album art in two ways, one: embedded in the ID3 tag (which it doesn't do automatically), and two: stored as its own database by using hidden .jpg files in the folder the audio files are located (which it likes to do automatically). You have used MM to make sure no album art is embedded, but have you enabled "view hidden files" in Explorer so see and delete all hidden .jpg files within your audio file location set to sync? Remove all of these hidden .jpg files and try again. It shouldn't sync any album art after that. Good luck and welcome to ABI!

Zen FAQ

Old 04-16-2008, 04:46 AM

Hi

Sill happening.
I use bearshare for downloads and there are no jpegs or any other icons apart from th tracks in my downloads folder.Not sure what you mean by sync'but i use CMS to send the tracks to my zen.

Thanx

Old 04-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunraku View Post
Sill happening.
What did you do exactly?

Quote:
I use bearshare for downloads and there are no jpegs or any other icons apart from th tracks in my downloads folder.Not sure what you mean by sync'but i use CMS to send the tracks to my zen.
What is CMS and how are you puting files onto your Zen? Copying and pasting? Drag and drop? Using a program to sync the files with your Zen (like WMP)?

Bearshare and your downloads folder won't have anything to do with this unless you are specifically copying and pasting from within this downloads folder, your audio files onto the Zen. If this is the location of your audio tracks, then you need to enable your view to see hidden files in order to see the .jpg files that WMP uses. But if you are copying and pasting those specific files to your Zen, then the hidden .jpg file shouldn't be copying. So, I am thinking the problem is within your CMS program and how you transfer the files to the Zen.<O</O

Zen FAQ

Old 04-16-2008, 04:25 PM

Hi

CMS is creative media source'which is the software that comes with the Zen

I inserted 2 images.
First is my Bearshare downloads folder.
Show hidden files is enabled in control panel.
And there are no hidden files showing.

The second picture shows how i transfer songs to the Zen.
I just drag the music files from PC Music Library to the Zens Music Folder.

Thanx

Old 04-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok, so you are basically dragging and dropping.... not familar with the Creative Media Source software. Maybe someone else can chime in on how to use it with album art, particularly with potential issues with associated hidden album art.

Oh, I adjusted you images to show correctly.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-16-2008, 05:59 PM

Thanx Bobby

I'm happy to use another method or software if anyone can point me in the right direction.As long as i have no Art transferred then i'm happy.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:57 PM

You should be able to send stuff over to your ZEN using MediaMonkey. Try and see if it works that way.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, I don't use MM now, but I have before and I did like it. Since you are already using MM for some features (like album art), just continue to use it for transfering your files as well.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-16-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Since you are already using MM for some features (like album art), just continue to use it for transfering your files as well.

Exactly. It's like having 1 car to drive to the grocery store and 1 to drive to the bank. You could drive 1 and stop at both places.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

There's one sure-fire method I came across accidently one time that resulted in no album art whatsoever - even for MP3s that had album art embedded. I used WMP11, established a sync relationship, set WMP11 to not sync any pictures, and voila! No album art!