android
Old 04-21-2008, 08:32 AM

Default Videos from you tube, 2GB are enough?

Dear all, I'd like to buy a Creative Zen V Plus - 2 GB, primarily for mp3 and secondary to see .flv video from You Tube. They are quite short videos (6 min max.) and quite light, like 4/5 MB. Is it possible to see such type of movies? The conversion will make them a lot heavier?

This would be my first mp3/mp4 player, so I do not pretend much about sound/video quality but in this video there will be people performing karate forms - flashy movements. It will be possible to see them?

Thank you vary much and sorry for my English.
Bye
Federico

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If you are only talking about using small videos from YouTube, you should be fine. However, most of the time most end up quickly wishing they bought a larger capacity model because of how much they end up using it for either more files than they thought or larger/longer videos. The YouTube videos will need to be downloaded and converted into a compatible format that is playable on the Zen. You should familiarize yourself with the specifications of the Zen V Plus and read up on how and what to use to do so. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 04-21-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
If you are only talking about using small videos from YouTube, you should be fine. However, most of the time most end up quickly wishing they bought a larger capacity model because of how much they end up using it for either more files than they thought or larger/longer videos. The YouTube videos will need to be downloaded and converted into a compatible format that is playable on the Zen. You should familiarize yourself with the specifications of the Zen V Plus and read up on how and what to use to do so. Good luck!
Thank you vary much Bobby. Everything is clear and I'll be glad to familiarize with conversion to handle that cool mp3/mp4 player.

I still have a doubt.
I red on this blog that:
"Every hour of video will take up 1.2GB of space" (when you convert to see a video in Zen V)
I know that a 6 minutes (320 x 240) .flv video is, more or less, 14 MB heavy. This mean that 1 hour should take 140 MB. How is it possible that 60 minute of converted files takes 1.2 GB?

How much it could take to convert a 1 MB .flv file (320x240)???
1) More or less the same size
2) A bit heavier
3) Much more heavier?... 5 times? 10 times?

Thank you and sorry to annoy you