android
Old 04-06-2008, 12:09 AM

Default Is the T10 compatible with Apple computers?

I recently purchased an apple computer. I am looking to an MP3 player compatible with a mac besides of course the ipod. The T10 caught my attention and so i wanted to know if the firmware was compatible?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-06-2008, 12:14 AM

I am not sure if there is support for MTP devices on apple computers, however if you were to put the UMS firmware onto a T10 then it would almost certainly work.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:55 PM

In UMS mode, it does.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:54 PM

Yes it's compatible, but you have to get an app like XNJB to get it to work. and check out the linux users section in this forum. Once you get it working, you can flash it to UMS and use the device like a pen drive.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:59 PM

XNJB is required for MTP Mode..
It works but is Very slow..
I would strongly reccommend upgrading your firmware to the Korean Beta, the 3rd Bluewave Beta. (Use a Windows PC to change the firmware, it's much easier).
The 3rd Bluewave Beta Firmware is UMS (Universal Mass Storage) compliant and supports AAC audio too, so if you have music imported to iTunes (default import format is AAC) you can play that on your T10 as well! (Just don't buy music from the iTunes Music Store, it's for iPods only)
Transfer music by drag and drop or use a program like synctunes to sync from your iTunes library.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:48 AM

Talking XNJB works for me

I loaded XNJB on a Macbook running OS X 10.5.2 and it works pretty well for me. I didn't do any benchmarking yet, but it seems to work fast enough.

Last edited by amarand; 04-21-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Enabled E-mail Notification

Old 05-02-2008, 07:41 AM

The standard EU & US MTP firmwares will not allow the T10 to mount on an Apple Mac .. but as others have said the XNJB will allow you to access and place music on the device.
Just make sure that you get the latest version (1.5.0?) and in the Preferences check the box "Enable Fast Data Transfers"

I have actually modded my T10 (to Kr 2.00 firmware (not without a little hiccup) then let Samsung Media Studio to upgrade to the latest 3.03KR firmware

This allow UMS mode so that the T10 will now mount on a Mac OSX Desktop and allows putting files directly from the Mac into the folders on the T10.
However I would be wary of doing large Data transfers all at one time via this method as When I did the T10 froze due to an erroneous Memory error and the only way to recover the T10 was to do a full Format from SMS ie wipe all data and start again

So the T10 does work with an Apple Mac - modding will make it more accessible but softly does it .. YMMV