android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen V

Old 05-08-2008, 02:40 PM

Default First charge of the Zen V Plus and computer recognition

Hi,

I just got a Zen V Plus 2gb, and I have a question. I followed the user's manual and installed the software first. According to it though, I was to restart my computer and then connect my player. The thing is that once installed, the software requested that I connect my player. I did so, and was prompted to restart my computer "now or later". I chose to restart it later, so I could leave the battery to fully charge. After 3 1/2 hours it's still charging (normally) but I'd like to know why the manual's instructions differ from the software.

Also, I have windows Vista with MP 11, and after reading some threads here it seems that installing the software was pointless. Windows recognizes the device on it's own? And when I want to disconnect my player do I use the "safely remove hardware" function? Because although my player is connected and it's been recognized (media player can see it, so does creative software) it's nowhere to be seen when I choose "safely remove" hardware. Is that normal??

I'm sorry if these seem silly questions or there have been similar threads to this, I searched the forum but didn't find anything relevant.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Printed manuals could be old, made to written to cover many different products, or simply wrong. You did nothing wrong. It is good to hear that you Zen is being recognized by both WMP and the Creative software and not having problems. Yes, that is correct in saying you do not need any of the Creative software. Windows, with its integrated support for MTP and having WMP takes care of it all for you.

As for the safely remove hardware question, take a look at this thread.

Welcome to ABI!

Zen FAQ

Old 05-10-2008, 04:31 AM

Right thanks a lot! Hope I won't be feeling the need to post any new threads here .

Old 05-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. There is a wealth of information here at ABI. Feel free to come back and post anytime, not when you are just having problems.

Zen FAQ

Old 05-10-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
No problem. There is a wealth of information here at ABI. Feel free to come back and post anytime, not when you are just having problems.
Will do .