android
Old 05-22-2008, 09:28 PM

Default Can't Update Channels?

Hello, I have a 4GB Pilot and I can't get Rhapsody to update Channels or transfer songs to the player for that matter. I can overcome the latter using an SD card, but that won't work for channels...
When I click in "update" it seems like it is trying but the status never goes above 1%!
I have erased the internal storage, I have tried multiple PCs, I have ensured my version of Rhapsody is the most current, and this is even my second Pilot! HELP.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-23-2008, 12:24 AM

It takes a while to update because i think it loads entirely new songs. Plus, if you're trying to update multiple channels at once, i think it goes slower. Just be patient, or update one at a time.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:25 PM

Thanks Saru, but I have left it to update for 30 minutes or more. Still at 1%. And this is just trying to update one channel....
The weird thing it that it worked when I first brought it home.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:19 AM

hmmm...
have you checked to see if there are different songs on the channel after a few minutes of updating? sometimes it just says 1%, but it's actually done 30%, etc.

And apparently your Pilot has enough memory since you said you erased the internal storage...

I'm sorry i couldnt be of more help...I had 3 or 4 channels using the free month that comes with the pilot, but i ended up deleting 2 because my memory was full. I don't recall ever updating it because i think it had the same problem.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:38 AM

Try un-licensing and re-licensing the player. Try creating or choosing another channel. I have had "broken" channels that would not transfer, but others did just fine. It was usually a channel I created myself, but I think I had the problem with an artist channel one time too. Sometimes the channel contains a track that is not compatible with the "To Go" service and this hangs up the transfer option.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:26 AM

Thanks all! You know I am getting desperate as I have spent the last hour or so talking to Inisignia and Rhapsody tech support...

As to the ideas, I tried the de-authorize/re-authorize process on both my computer and the player. I've also pulled down a completely different channel to test. No joy. I am now not sure if it is the player or the Rhapsody client causing the issue.

I'll let you all know if tech support is able to solve this.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:40 PM

OK, a couple of hours of my life later I learned that Rhapsody can't/shouldn't/won't work if you download tracks to a network drive. It has to go to your C:\ drive. According to Rhapsody. Hmmm.

Anywho, it seems to be working again and it was NOT the Pilot's fault. Thanks for all of your comments.