android
Old 05-12-2008, 09:21 PM

Default needed: nwz-616F music files transfer walkthrough

i bought mine last march 2008 and its a japanese version. since then i cannot transfer music files. i tried everything i've know, like installing sonicstage, sony media manager, windows media player 11, media monkey and drag & drop. but all doesn't work. can someone walk through me on how to transfer files?

here's what i did:

1. i installed sony media manager ( i used the english software instead of the japanese software). i can transfer photos but not music. on the below left pane of the manager, the music folder doesn't show only the photos and video folders, so i got error everytime i drag & drop the data from the above pane to the below pane. if ripping from cds, it will start but end up with an error. i uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing happen.

2. when i drag & drop using window explorer, i can transfer files in the music folder but when i check the player after unplugging from the pc, i cannot see nor play the files i've transferred. i've read somewhere that only my player usb should the solely and currently connected with the pc, i did that but still it didn't work

3. i also followed the instructions on how to use windows media player 11 by using the "Help" options but to no avail

4. i did not reformat my player before transferring, do i have to?

5. check to other pc, the same result.

i hope somebody can help me. right now i can just used the radio but its an expensive device if i could only use the radio. btw, my platform is window xp sp2

please help me.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-17-2008, 10:42 PM

Reformat the player. Then just sync with WMP.

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB

Old 05-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hm, if its the Japanese version of the player you need to go to the sony website and download a copy of SonicStage. The Japanese version still uses SS to transfer all content if I'm correct.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:37 PM

nywytboy68 & wings tnx for replying.

* i already tried sonicstage before but it still doesn't work. but i'll try to install it again, before reformatting it.

* how do i reformat the player? can i do the usual my computer right click and click the reformat button like reformatting a usb drive or diskette? or is there a special way of reformatting it?

again tnx

Old 05-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've heard that the Japanese version needs the Japanese SonicStage to work and that the Japanese version ONLY works on JAPANESE WINDOWS!!! If re-formatting the player doesn't work I'm STUMPED as its a player that was MADE to not be compatible with computers outside of JAPAN!!! I read about it on the AtracLife forum today (AtracLife.com) while researching the problems they have had in Europe of getting the new A82X/A72X 16gb players.

EDIT: To reformat go to Settings/Common Settings - scroll to the bottom and select Format. Hope that helps and if not I hope someone here MIGHT have an answer for you.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:23 PM

thanks again for the help and reply.

i guess i have to find someone who has Japanese os computer.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Please keep us posted when you find a solution as this info could help some of us in the future. Good luck!!!

Old 05-28-2008, 09:09 PM

That stinks. Did you buy it on Ebay?

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB