android
Old 04-22-2008, 01:15 PM

Smile Does the Asian version have English language?

Hi,

I have a friend visiting Asia soon and he's offered to get me the Asian version of the A829 whilst out there. As it has more features than the European version I was considering taking him up on this offer.

However, I've tried to find out via the net but been able to find out whether the Asian version has the English language on it. Therefore, is anyone able to tell me if it has or not prior to saying yes.

Thanks in advance!

Colin

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-30-2008, 02:32 PM

hey I don't know for shure if it does but I don't see why it wouldnt.. especially where the buttons on the Japenese version are in english... for a definite answer call sony tech support or customer service.. in the mean time this might help..

http://www.jp.sonystyle.com/Walkman/...A820/gold.html

if you copy that link into google, google can translate the page for you.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:56 AM

DO NOT buy the Japanese version as it requires Sony Stage for transfering songs, and the software is in Japanese only. The Hong Kong version is fine though. I have never heard the European version has less features BTW.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieaus View Post
DO NOT buy the Japanese version as it requires Sony Stage for transfering songs, and the software is in Japanese only. The Hong Kong version is fine though. I have never heard the European version has less features BTW.
The European version is different in that it can use Sony's proprietary format Atrac3 & thats about it. And I also second not getting it as it HAS to use SonicStage to sync. The prob is it needs SonicStage in Japanese which can ONLY be installed in a Japanese version of Windows. Unless it's your native language (it's possible as this site is WORLD WIDE!!!) stay clear!!!

Old 05-31-2008, 02:00 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

That text over the topic title input field isn't there just for show. I suggest you READ it next time. Topic title changed to comething thats actually descriptive of the content

Old 05-31-2008, 03:01 AM

Thumb Down

oh I do beg your forgiveness! How dare I not put in an appropriate title!

I also didn't know that the title "moderator" means that you have to act like a total arse!

Think I'll go back to other forums where moderators haven't let the "power" go to their head!

Bye!