android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2008, 08:22 PM

Default Vision:M "Hard Disk Problem"

Yesterday afternoon, all of a sudden, and for no apparent reason, my trusty old Creative Zen Vision:M (now my dirty-work/backup player) wouldn't boot up normally, and always wound up going to the Recovery Mode screen.

When I was finally able to get back to my computer at home, I tried to reload the firmware, and it got stuck on the last part of it. That didn't work.

I decided then to download the MP3 Player Recovery Tool from Creative's website (which had worked for my now long-dead Nano Plus in the past) to see if that could do the trick. All that tried to do is reload the firmware, and it got stuck on the last bar or so again. So, that didn't work either.

Well, let's get to the point: When I try to format the disk, I get a message that says "Hard Disk Problem", with an exclamation graphic and all. Granted, I don't necessarily want to format the disk here, even though there isn't data on there which is crucial...the player itself isn't even crucial at this point, at least as long as my now-16GB Sansa Fuze holds up. Nevertheless, if there's any way, then I'd really love to get this thing working again. It was a big investment for me, and on top of that I am currently rendered with quite a few useless accessories, which are, as of the moment, good for absolutely nothing.

So, is the hard drive toast, or what? Obviously, this would render the player a total brick...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]