android
Old 06-03-2008, 11:14 AM

Default Problems with the White Screen of Death

I just got my 8gb Sansa Fuze on Saturday. It was working great until today, Tuesday. Now, every time I turn it on, the white screen of death pops up. I can turn the player off fine in this mode but it just will not turn completely on. I have searched the forum and google and have not found any information pertaining to my situation. I did plug it into an older sandisk charger cord before I turned it on, if that makes any difference. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Are you able to get a computer to read it? If so, could you try reinstalling the firmware.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:37 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.

The computer can read it. I have the sansa updater up and it won't let me reinstall the firmware. I really have no clue on how to reinstall the firmware.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Here is the firmware in a zip file so you will need to unzip it: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=28157

After you unzip it, you just drag and drop the BIN file which is the firmware to the Sansa.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:44 PM

I put the BIN file on my sansa and now the computer only recognizes it as Removable Disk (F: ). When I try to open Disk F it tells me that I have to format the disk in drive F before I can use it. Then it asks me if I want to format it. Is that advisable at this moment?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sounds like something has went bad in your Fuze. I would say you can try to format it, but if that does not work you might have to RMA it. I am wondering what caused this issue.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:05 PM

The format didn't work so I'm probably going to replace it. Thank you so much for all your help. I'm suspicious of the hard drive in this case though. I hope the problem was just in my player.
Thanks again for the help.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Fuze does not have a hard drive. It is flash based.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:27 PM

Ha! I learned something new today. Now I really don't know what's wrong with it.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yea, same here. I have not heard a flash based players die so soon and easily. Hopefully, you can get it RMA'ed.