06-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
If you really want to use the Creative Software, I believe this is the Media Explorer patch that is needed in order to get it working right when WMP11 is installed:
From Creative's site
This update resolves compatibility issues between Creative Media Explorer or Creative MediaSource™ Player/Organizer, and Windows Media® Player 11 (WMP11). For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
You must already have ZEN™ V Media Explorer version 5.40.10 or later, or ZEN V Series Media Explorer version 5.41.01 or later installed on your computer to perform this update successfully. To check your current version of this application, see Notes below.
This update may not fully support pre-release versions of WMP11.
- Transfers album art and picture thumbnails correctly to your player.
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP (Service Pack 1 or higher) or Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- ZEN V Media Explorer version 5.40.10 or later, or ZEN V Series Media Explorer version 5.41.01 or later installed.
- To check your application's version number,
- Double-click the ZEN V Media Explorer or ZEN V Series Media Explorer icon on the desktop.
- On the Menu bar, click Help and select About ZEN V Media Explorer or About ZEN V Series Media Explorer. The version number is displayed in the dialog box that appears.
- Click the OK button to close the dialog box.
- To install this software package,
- Download the ZNV_PCPatch_LB.exe file into your local hard disk.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the instructions on the screen.
~Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear to be bright until they speak~