android
Old 06-03-2008, 06:16 PM

Default Album art has to be under a certain size?

Hey everyone, new to the forum here.

I just got my Fuze today and it seems that some of my folder.jpg album art doesn't work because it is too big. Anyone know if this is the case or is it another problem? If it is the case, what is the official size the Fuze takes? I like having the biggest album art possible so it looks nice on the computer, and if I have to put all the art in again in smaller sizes I think I'll go crazy.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-03-2008, 06:23 PM

This is frankly why Sansa should support art in the ID3 tags. I hope they do in a firmware update. I use iTunes and that uses ID3 tag art so I just have to run an Applescript (on the Mac) for each album to create a 200x200.jpg, and that's a pain. Sorry I don't have the answer except to say that 200x200 is what I'm doing so at least that.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:35 PM

What script are you running? I'm also an iTunes user on a Mac and it is kind of disappointing coming from a first-gen Nano to the Fuze (though I like the hardware more on the Fuze).

Old 06-03-2008, 08:45 PM

Ok so I found "Export Artwork" which seems to be working okay.

Also since I have a macbook with the slot drive, I'm assuming the mini cd that came with the Fuze is a no-go?

Old 06-03-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylicht View Post
This is frankly why Sansa should support art in the ID3 tags. I hope they do in a firmware update. I use iTunes and that uses ID3 tag art ...
Although I don't own a fuze, I assumed that the fuze like the e200 series supports embeded album art in ID3v2 tags 32 KB and under, is this not the case? As embeded album art works fine on my e260.

Edit: I spk to advcomp2019 and he confirmed the R series to do the same and I've read the v2 series also. Why not test and let us know, it just doesn't make sense for it not to support it.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Last edited by WalkGood; 06-03-2008 at 09:42 PM.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:42 PM

None of my embedded art has worked so far, even the ones under that size. Some of the folder.jpg art isn't working either possibly because I converted from .png I'm not sure.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewi22 View Post
None of my embedded art has worked so far, even the ones under that size. Some of the folder.jpg art isn't working either possibly because I converted from .png I'm not sure.
I have found sansa's need the db refreshed to test a new file loaded that was previously on there, you might give that a try.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:48 PM

Is there a way to manually do this? It says Refreshing Your Media every time I unplug it from my computer, is this what you are referring to?

EDIT: Also the artwork in some just shows up as a black square, and when I play a song from that album the artist name and such text overlaps the black square, it is very odd.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:49 PM

drewi22: On the album art from a Mac I pretty much talked to myself outloud here:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=28467
This Applescript, as I described the edits, can make your art 200x200 and it should work.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:48 AM

They are still showing up as black squares on the Fuze. I really appreciate that script though. For some reason it works on some albums but not others. The correct folder.jpg pictures is in the right album folder though. I took some pictures to show what is happening.

Here is the way it is supposed to look:
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3652/dsc00505le9.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7618/dsc00506wg4.jpg

And the way it does on quite a few albums:
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3390/dsc00507zd1.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2973/dsc00508cg9.jpg

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Old 06-04-2008, 03:03 PM

Couple things: 1. Are you using the latest Fuze Firmware? I don't think that will make a difference though.

2. If you open a "bad" folder.jpg on the Mac, can you confirm it is truly a .jpg and not a png with a .jpg extension? Does it show properly or is it all black on the Mac? It would almost seem as if we're seeing the mask from another format such as png.

Whatever you find with #2, I would drag the offending art from iTunes to the desktop, open that file in Preview, resave it as a .jpg, then drag that resultant file back over the art pane in iTunes for the whole album. Then use the script to make the 200x200 art again... update just the art to your fuze...

Old 06-04-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewi22 View Post
Is there a way to manually do this? It says Refreshing Your Media every time I unplug it from my computer, is this what you are referring to?

EDIT: Also the artwork in some just shows up as a black square, and when I play a song from that album the artist name and such text overlaps the black square, it is very odd.
The sansa would still referance the origionally loaded ID3tag, either format (which would force you to reload all) or the prefered way is to delete the file/files in question, unplug w/refreashes db, connect and reload after the tags are corrected or if you've corrected.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:36 AM

Default Try this program

http://hcware.**********/mp3art/

32kb isn't the only requirement for making sure the album art shows up. This little program is really nifty, it can do everything in a batch or separately. Best of all, it ALWAYS works.

I can't speak for the Fuze, but the e2xx series supports the album art integrated into the id tags I can't imagine that the Fuze wouldn't, too.