android
Old 06-07-2008, 02:49 PM

Unhappy please help....ZVM RIP??

Dear all,

is it "Rest in Peace" for my ZVM?? Screen is black, blue led lights continuously and device is not recognized by my computer.

Here's what happened:

1. I'm syncing with PC. Out of a sudden, screen goes black.
2. Disconnect it from computer; turn off switch; screen turns blank (as in white) and then off.
3. Blue led is on; device gets really HOT...and hotter...and hotter.
4. I disassemble it and disconnect the battery. Put everything back in place.

That's it. Blue led does turn on (continuously), screen remains pitch black and my computer cannot recognize the device anymore. I cannot get the boot screen; nothing, nada.

Please help!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivaresfelipe View Post
Dear all,

is it "Rest in Peace" for my ZVM?? Screen is black, blue led lights continuously and device is not recognized by my computer.

Here's what happened:

1. I'm syncing with PC. Out of a sudden, screen goes black.
2. Disconnect it from computer; turn off switch; screen turns blank (as in white) and then off.
3. Blue led is on; device gets really HOT...and hotter...and hotter.
4. I disassemble it and disconnect the battery. Put everything back in place.

That's it. Blue led does turn on (continuously), screen remains pitch black and my computer cannot recognize the device anymore. I cannot get the boot screen; nothing, nada.

Please help!!
I really recommend NOT plugging it into the computer anymore, as it sounds like something has gone wrong with the protection circuitry for the battery...I am not sure on fixing it, probably best to wait for someone else, but I'm just taking a shot at it.
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 06-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
device gets really HOT...and hotter...and hotter.

Lithium-ion batteries should never get real hot when charging. If it is getting as hot as you say, it may very well be an overcharged battery. Overcharging will cause the battery to heat up greatly; possibly to the point of melting or even vent to flame. These types of batteries have built in protection circuits to prevent them from overcharging, however they can fail. Temperature sensing circuits can also be set to release a mechanical pressure switch to permanently block any further charge to the battery. What does all this mean........ you should consider getting a replacement battery and hope that there is no damage to the ZVM's mainboard. Good luck and welcome to ABI!<O</O

Zen FAQ

Old 06-07-2008, 10:46 PM

Default think it's toast

Thanks for your prompt replies. Wish I knew about this message board before.

The mainboard must be the issue. I forgot to mention that while disassembled and disconnected to the battery I connected it to the sync cable. The behavior was exactly the same as when the battery was connected. Conclusion, issue is not the battery; it's the mainboard...so and yes, Creative Zen Vision:m...it was a good year and a half and you will be greatly missed. Too bad I'm stationed in India!! Where am I going to get a replacement player like this one??!!

Old 06-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The ZVM acting that way would make sense with the problem. There is always EBay. Search for some As-Is/cracked screen ZVM'a and do a mainboard swap.

Well, since you have a some what working connection to the computer, I guess it won't hurt, but have you attemped to reload the firmware?

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 06-08-2008 at 10:05 AM.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:56 AM

Default no boot up screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
I guess it won't hurt, but have you attemped to reload the firmware?
Thanks for the prompt response and suggestion. I haven't tried reloading the firmware. Unfortunately I'm not even able to get the boot up screen, thus unless there's another way around this, can't reload the firmware.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

That's alright. I figured as much. It was worth asking just in case. You mentioned you were able to sync, so you I figured since you had a good connection, try reloading the firmware IF the ZVM was able to stay powered on.

Zen FAQ