android
Old 06-13-2008, 12:29 AM

Help Sleep timer or on-the-go playlist?

I have the a728 and I haven't been able to find either. Is it in the options somewhere?

Also, I find it strange that an mp3 player with such emphasis on different audio enhancement settings has such a limited equalizer. My graphics card has sliders for 125, 250, 500, 1k, 2k, 4k, and 8k hertz. Winamp has 70, 180, 320, 600, 1k, 3k, 6k, 12k, 14k, and 16khz. The a728 only has 400, 1k, 2.5k, 6.3k, and 16khz leaving almost NO bass equalization.

The "clear bass" setting does some of the work for you, but if you're listening very loudly, the sound 'normalizes' when there is a heavy bass line or bass drum beat, if that makes any sense. Put simply, the song is louder when it's only treble. If there is any data in the lower frequency range, it not only makes that lower frequency louder but it reduces the volume on the treble track. It does make the bass clearer than normal equalization, but the same effect can be achieved with a more fine equalizer.

For instance, if say the chorus of a song is over and there is a guitar solo and no bass drum or bass guitar, the volume of the treble-heavy part will be increased noticeably from what it was when there was a bass accompaniment. I've tried it with many different headphones, 3.5mm cables, artists, albums... it's the player. Either that or I'm actually crazy. To be totally honest, it's probably the latter.

Anyone have any word on a firmware update that includes on-the-go playlist or sleep timer? Just curious.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
clearbass, on-the-go, playlist, sleep, timer