android
  #1  
Old 06-12-2008, 02:23 PM
JD24 JD24 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12
Default Flimmsy/too small switch on Sansa Fuze

Hello,

i finally got my black Sansa Fuze 8GB today.
This little player will replace my iPod Mini which just broke.

The first thing i noticed is that there is no sleep mode at all.
To switch the player on i have to slide the Hold-Button which
is in my opinion very small and flimmsy. I sometimes have to
use my nail to slide it properly.

Does someone else also have this problem or is it just me?

Thanks,

JD

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/848/sansaxa0.jpg

Last edited by JD24; 06-13-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Triguin Triguin is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Default

Hi, sorry for the question, where did you buy a Fuze 8Gb BLACK?

I had only seen it in SILVER.

Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 06-12-2008, 04:58 PM
ROMzombie ROMzombie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 26
Default

The power switch? It doesn't appear flimsy to me... It's fairly stiff, backed by the spring as it is.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 06-12-2008, 05:31 PM
HipHopScribe's Avatar
HipHopScribe HipHopScribe is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,000
Default

The switch is very small, but I don't find it flimsy at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguin View Post
Hi, sorry for the question, where did you buy a Fuze 8Gb BLACK?

I had only seen it in SILVER.

Thank you very much.
The 8GB comes in black in the European market.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 06-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Lacene Lacene is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: South Carolina, USA
Posts: 606
Default

Mine isn't flimsy, but I would rather that there be several ridges instead of the one single ridge in the middle of the switch. It IS small, and sometimes the one ridge is not enough for my finger to latch on and grip the switch, and often I'm only able to move the switch half-way before it slips loose and springs back without turning on. So I usually try to catch the end edge of the switch and move it that way.......
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 06-13-2008, 12:43 AM
JD24 JD24 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacene View Post
Mine isn't flimsy, but I would rather that there be several ridges instead of the one single ridge in the middle of the switch. It IS small, and sometimes the one ridge is not enough for my finger to latch on and grip the switch, and often I'm only able to move the switch half-way before it slips loose and springs back without turning on. So I usually try to catch the end edge of the switch and move it that way.......
Yeah, that's exactly my point. Playing around with it for about a day i think i'll get used to that.

JD
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 06-13-2008, 05:05 AM
gmt gmt is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7
Default

Do you have a link to the shop? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopScribe View Post
The switch is very small, but I don't find it flimsy at all.



The 8GB comes in black in the European market.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 06-13-2008, 05:19 AM
JD24 JD24 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmt View Post
Do you have a link to the shop? Thanks!
Well it's a fairly unknown shop called amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Sansa-T...3352435&sr=8-1
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 06-13-2008, 05:53 AM
gmt gmt is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7
Default

Seen that one on geizhals, thanks. Wayting for amazon.co.uk to start selling it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD24 View Post
Well it's a fairly unknown shop called amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Sansa-T...3352435&sr=8-1
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.