android
Old 06-08-2008, 04:18 AM

Default Blank Screen on T10JAR after EmoDio Crash

Hi,
I've been searching the threads for info on a blank screen prob..

Bought the T10 two weeks ago, accepted the 'Update' to EmoDio, tried to transfer some files from PC (Win XP Pro, SP2).
Screen on T10 went blank (white) and has stayed that way every time I turn it on.
Uninstalled Emodio and re-installed Samsung Music Studio 5
Have tried reset, and also format via SMS.

Still a blank screen... Is this an EmoDio bug, or have I just stuffed up the transfer??

(not) Happy

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-08-2008, 06:18 AM

Can you still mount the T10 via "My Computer"?

If so ... drag the .rom and .rsc files onto the T10 again and go thru update again

Failing that try Format from the right click menu of the My Computer T10 icon

Failing those try installing the firmware via tcctool described in the HowTo: stickied thread above

Old 06-08-2008, 08:47 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzmonkee View Post
Can you still mount the T10 via "My Computer"?

If so ... drag the .rom and .rsc files onto the T10 again and go thru update again

Failing that try Format from the right click menu of the My Computer T10 icon

Failing those try installing the firmware via tcctool described in the HowTo: stickied thread above
You thought I was kidding about the Idiot bit,...

When you say can I still mount the T10, I assume you mean can I see the`T10' on My Computer - if so, yes, I can still see the T10 as 'Portable Storage', and open to 'Internal Storage' then open again to various files, datacast, games, music etc.

I'll try to drag and drop the files again, but can you please enlighten me about what the stickied thread is?

I saw that someone placed a notice that the Emodio was betta than the old version, but was unreliable. I saw the betta when I was prompted to upgrade, but I put that down to Korean English translation...Maybe I should have learned by now... I have since looked up the meaning of Beta...

Thanks for your help, I have used the T10 for learning languages during long flights over the past couple of weeks since I got it (before the crash)...It really is a good unit, and I really want it to work like it did when I got it.

Happy (er)

Old 06-08-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
please enlighten me about what the stickied thread is?
It means a Moderator has fixed it at the top of the Forum unlike normal topics which get pushed down the forum by newer posts
The thread on how to instal firmwares is:
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30116

Might pay to reinstall Samsung Media Studio and use its Menu>Portable Device> Update Firmware ..if simply drag and drop via Windows Explore> My Computer > T10
doesn't work

Failing that then try the rockbox tcctool method discussed in the mentioned thread

Old 06-08-2008, 02:25 PM

i had your problem just yesterday.i was browsing images and then it has suddendly freezed.If i press reset it shuts down but when i power on it again it was still freeze.it shows the welcome screen and then it stops.Even the pc cannot view it, but i opened FWND and when i do the hold on-reset thing i saw the device inserted device removed thing,so then i flashed it and now it's working again...it happened with the 3.06...i never see a freeze like that before...i mean...when it happened with other F\W i press reset and then ev'rything was ok...hope it is just a casuality :\

Old 06-14-2008, 08:47 AM

i have this exact same problem with my samsung phone! it must be a samsung thing. :S