android
Old 05-11-2008, 04:57 PM

Default plugging the pilot into your car radio input?

Anyone do this yet, how does it sound?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-11-2008, 06:36 PM

Default Re: plugging the pilot into your car radio input

I've used the Pilot with my car (Saturn Aura XR with the premium sound system). It sounds pretty good overall. However, unless I have the Pilot volume at 30-35, I need to bump up the car stereo volume compared to CD source or the radio.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:26 AM

Default sounds great if..

your head unit has a usb input. Mine has a usb input and a 3.5 mm analog aux input. With the usb input, it sounds as good as the cd player. With the 3.5 mm it sounds ok but as far as I'm concerned, a little flat. I use the 3.5mm input for audio books and podcasts but use the usb for music. I'd use the usb for everything but when I have it connected this way, control is largely give up to the head unit. In other words, I can't do things like set book marks and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takevin View Post
Anyone do this yet, how does it sound?

Old 05-12-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark541 View Post
I've used the Pilot with my car (Saturn Aura XR with the premium sound system). It sounds pretty good overall. However, unless I have the Pilot volume at 30-35, I need to bump up the car stereo volume compared to CD source or the radio.

Thats how mine sounds too. Wish i had a usb on mine, its a 08 silverado. Unless its on the back.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:28 PM

Would using a bluetooth adapter be any better? http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=149006

someone on another forum said this helped even it out.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon88 View Post
your head unit has a usb input. Mine has a usb input and a 3.5 mm analog aux input. With the usb input, it sounds as good as the cd player. With the 3.5 mm it sounds ok but as far as I'm concerned, a little flat. I use the 3.5mm input for audio books and podcasts but use the usb for music. I'd use the usb for everything but when I have it connected this way, control is largely give up to the head unit. In other words, I can't do things like set book marks and so on.
If you hook the Pilot up to USB power only you can set the Pilot to pause when power is removed and start playing again when power is applied. That's the mode I run mine in in the car and it works well when hardwired. It doesn't work so well with Bluetooth because the Pilot boots up faster than me BT gateway does and it times out before it can connect.

tk

Old 06-19-2008, 04:58 PM

My car stereo has SD inputs so I just use that.
Edit: I have since subscribed to Rhapsody To-Go and searched for my JVC head-unit online. I found out that my particular model does not have line-in inputs but it has Sirrius/CD changer inputs.

If you own a JVC and it has this capability, then you have J-Link or J-Bus connections.

I located a J-Link to 3.5mm cable in Honk Kong on eBay for $5.99 plus 7.99 for shipping.

Others charged up to $80 for this cable.

Simply attach to the J-Link input on the rear of your head unit and run the cable to a convenient location. I use a cellular phone holder on a gooseneck to hold my player. Nice.

Last edited by Conchchowder; 08-26-2008 at 02:49 AM.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:31 PM

What are SD inputs? SD card slot?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:51 PM

Yes