android
Old 06-15-2008, 03:38 AM

Default ebay accessory question for second hand vision m

Hey I'm in aus, just bought a second hand zen vision m 30gb of ebay for 125$ aus including postage (very cool)

I was wondering what accessories i should get - I don't think the player comes with a charger or usb thingy.

here is the player I bought
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=020

and this is what I was thinking of getting (charger, car charger, skin, usb)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=025

or maybe a kroo skin.

Also whats the voice recording quality like 16khz is what 4 times worse than a normal wave file of 44khz?

any other things I should know?
I'm so excited cause I never had a portable music player

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-15-2008, 08:24 AM

If it was me, I would immediately email the seller and find out what comes with the player. You for sure need what the call either a dongle or a sync adapter. It is a little with piece that connects to the bottom of your player to accomodate the chargers, either USB or AC. Do not use any chargers that do not hook up to the dongle. I think the USB adapter is a must, and the AC adapter really good to have so you can charge from any wall adapter. Don't know what kind of plugs you have there but I am sure you can get an adapter for that too locally.
Definitely if it was me I would get a Kroo leather case. I got mine for just under $15. Cdn which is very close to AU. I also have the silicone skin case but the leather is much better protection and the part that flaps over the screen can be snapped behind to double as a stand for watching your zen! Also to protect the player from scratches at least a good screen protector. All my good devices I purchase the Invisible Sheild which is more expensive but guaranteed for life and makes the player look good. If you alreadly have a few scratches, you will not notice once you apply the Invisible Sheild (made by a company called Zagg).
As for the voice recording - never used it.
IN ORDER OF CAPACITY: RioS30S 64kb/Sansa e130 512kb/iRiverT10 1gb/Sansa e260 4gb/iAudioU3 4gb*DOA/CowonD2 4gb*SOLD/iRiverClix2 8gb/SansaFuze 8gb/SamsungP2 8/iAudio7 16gb/CreativeZVM 30gb/CreativeZVM 60gb/iPodTouch 64gbgb/iPodVideo 80gb :

Old 06-16-2008, 08:13 AM

thanks for the reply - it looks like those ebay ones are straight into the zen without the dongle can you confirm?

Old 06-16-2008, 09:27 AM

From other posts I have read from the technologically knowledgeable, I wouldn't use those. First find out if your ZVM comes with the sync adapter or dongle, and what other connections, ie; usb cable, ac adapter. You never know. You might be getting it all and only have to buy a case which is highly recommended.
IN ORDER OF CAPACITY: RioS30S 64kb/Sansa e130 512kb/iRiverT10 1gb/Sansa e260 4gb/iAudioU3 4gb*DOA/CowonD2 4gb*SOLD/iRiverClix2 8gb/SansaFuze 8gb/SamsungP2 8/iAudio7 16gb/CreativeZVM 30gb/CreativeZVM 60gb/iPodTouch 64gbgb/iPodVideo 80gb :

Old 06-18-2008, 10:02 AM

okay found a sync adapter - now I need to find an aussie wall charger - can I use a genereic one? If so what voltage plug type? Where would I find one that suits aussie voltage? I'm afraid to buy an over seas one that might be made for different ampige etc.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:38 AM

Default where do I find aussie power adapter and aussie sync dongle?

I can't seem to find them online anywhere in australia.

Can someone recommend either
1. An aussie power adapter and sync dongle
or
2. A good one on ebay or online that will work in aus.

I was kinda after a package like - charger, car charger, skin, av cable, sync adapter.

But I can't find anything like that with creative dongle - most ebay solutions are just a cable - not the dongle, which was highly recommended by popcorn.

any ideas would help because I have to get the thing posted soon or else I will have a vision m with no power when it arrives in a week

Old 06-20-2008, 03:39 AM

I got my zen vision m power adapter from dick smith electronics. It was a bit costy ($50) but it is worth it, charging my zen in about 1.5-2 hrs from empty. It didn't come with a dongle but just plugged into the dongle that came with my zen. It also came with several international AC adapters that I suppose is handy if your going travelling (but I'm not). You could find one here

Old 06-20-2008, 08:22 AM

you little ripper I decided to buy this one in the end cause it was 30$ aus with a sync adapter which i needed.

Now for a car charger
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&ih=018

thanks copeys