android
Old 06-02-2008, 02:01 PM

Help Looking to buy a Zen or a Fuze....

I've had a Creative Muvo v100 for about a year now and I really have loved it! The sound was good and it was easy to use, but now I need a player with a higher capacity. I'm looking at the Sansa Fuze 8GB or the Creative Zen 8GB, but I've read a lot of mixed reviews about both. It would be nice if someone who has used both can tell me which has better sound quality, etc. I'm not really interested in buying new headphones, unless the included ones are really terrible....

I also heard the Fuze's screen is not that good, like it is "dingy" and has yellow on the edges.... I'm not interested in watching movies, but I might upload some pictures on it. Any ideas on the Fuze's screen?

Also, is there any news on Creative coming out w/a new player? I thought I read somewhere that they might have one by around July. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by cmc919; 06-02-2008 at 04:44 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-02-2008, 02:19 PM

As one who owns both (16gb Zen/8gb Fuze), I can honestly state that...

The Creative Zen is not remotely close to the Sansa Fuze as far as sound quality IMO (as well as that of many others)

The Zen's paltry output volume, lifeless/lackluster sonic presentation and overall aural blandness all combine to make it one of the single worst sound DAP units that I currently own.

Conversely, The Sansa Fuze is easily one of the best sounding, and if not for it's 'half-hearted' video playback implementation, it would easily be the very best DAP in its category... I also take serious issue with the virtual uselessness of the Zen's SDHC card slot.

Additionally, Yes... Creative does have a new player in the pipeline, rumored to be released within the next 8 weeks, so you might want to wait a while longer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dav's Zen Versus Fuze 001.jpg (52.8 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by DaHarder; 06-02-2008 at 02:27 PM.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I second for the Fuze. I've tried a clip and it's sound sig is supposed to be IDENTICAL to the Fuze. It's excellent. And there are many, not just on this site alone, who can attest to this statement!
PS: Whats up DaHarder!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Fuze all the way!

My Last.fm

Old 06-05-2008, 03:27 PM

1 thing to consider about the fuze is that the screen scratches WAY to easily. i bought one a returned it that week. i read that there was a protective against scratches but if your normally put your mp3 in your pocket i recomend not getting a fuze. (by the way, the dont sell screen protecters for the fuze)

Old 06-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Get a case like everyone else - almost all players need 1 as they get scratches on them. And almost any screen protector will do, just trim any excess if it's too large for the screen.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:09 PM

Zens are way too buggy IMO. I've owned numerous versions of the Zen, and all were buggy, audio skipping, cheap button quality, freezing. Besides the screen quality I don't see a reason to own a Zen. The Fuze sounds better, has better removable media support, and you can get the Fuze for the same prices as the Zen (2,4,8 gig)

Old 06-17-2008, 10:18 AM

I own a Zen and its great. But that doesnt make the Fuze any worse. If you really like a refined UI, Zen. Its really clean and beautiful. BUT since youre finding SQ, Fuse.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:19 PM

Well considering that I haven't had any problems with any Creative product I've purchased (5) yet the first Sansa I've ever purchased has been a nightmare, I'd personally go with the Zen and not to mention, it's the better product, imo, Monk....

Old 06-23-2008, 11:41 PM

FUZE!!!! The Zen.... its expandable memory isn't integrated so what's the point of getting a Zen?( I was about to get the Zen but finding out about its integration really really turned me down from buying it.) So go with Fuze I've read many reviews about it and it seems to be a nice and affordable player.

Tags
creative, fuze, sandisk, sansa, zen