android
Old 05-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Still no good discounts on the Fuze?

It seems like everyone is still selling it at full price.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-13-2008, 11:40 PM

You realize that full price on this is like a sale compared to other players?

Old 05-14-2008, 04:01 PM

Default Here's one...

They're also pretty new, so I wouldn't expect many discounts to be offered. Most retailers barely even have them in stock yet.

That being said, Circuit City has the black 4GB for $89.99 on their website. They list it as $30 off even though MSRP is only $99.99...but then again they list the other color 4GB Fuze's at $99.99 as a $20 savings.

Anyways, if you want a black 4GB I think $89.99 is the best price you'll get right now. They have it listed as coming soon but should be available for purchase anytime. None of my local stores have them in stock yet either (Northern California).

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/SanDi...oductDetail.do

Old 05-14-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spardasieg View Post
I couldn't agree more with the above post, buddy. It's already the most bang for your buck when it comes to high-capacity flash players. Heck, the price isn't even the only reason to buy SanDisk players anymore, and that's an understatement.

Hey, with the money you save, get yourself a nice microSDHC card...and/or some nice headphones. That's only what I did myself. Yeah...

8GB Silver Sansa Fuze - $130 at BestBuy.com
SanDisk 8GB microSDHC card - >$50 from Amazon Marketplace
Koss KSC75 Headphones - <$20 from Amazon Marketplace

That's an even $200 I blew on all that lovely stuff...just how much an 8GB 3G iPod Nano would have set me back. And we're talking about a player rendered with double the capacity and liberated from crappy stock earbuds, in addition to superior audio quality, better general features and compatibility, and, one of my favorites, 100% tactile controls. Oh, and it has a good shot at getting Rockboxed, for those interested in that.

So, uh, I guess that makes my point. You don't need a sale on the Fuze. It's always on sale!

Old 05-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spardasieg View Post
I am not so sure about that. The 4 gig Fuze has a full price of $100, while the Sony A816 4 gig is $100 at Best Buy now. While the A816 doesn't have a radio or micro SD card slot, it has longer battery life(33 hours vs 24 hours), ability to browse by folders or by tags(very important for me as I listen to many lectures that may have few if any tags. Do I want to concoct tags for all of these so they sort in a reasonable order? No way!)
My guess is that the Sony A816 probably has better build quality than the Fuze. Isn't the case on the A816 mostly metal?

As for the radio, I tend to listen to AM radio more than FM(I use radio more for news and talk that is on AM than for music), and have a few very small AM/ FM walkmans, so having FM radio without AM isn't really a plus for me(I also find that the sound quality of music on the Sony SRFS83 analog radio and even the larger but much cheaper Sony SRF59 is better than on many digital FM portable tuners. This is especially true as far as rejecting noise since I am in a large city close to very powerful transmitters).

Will Sandisk ever write a new firmware for the Fuze that allows browsing by folder? What I really want is a shirt pocket sized mp3 player that has AM and FM radio, a full sized SD card slot, a 1.8" or larger screen, and uses a AA battery(remember that an nimh rechargeable AA battery could be used instead of an alkaline). Anyone from Sandisk reading this forum? I guess the Fuze claims support down to 32 kbps for mp3 files, however I wonder if 16 kbps mp3 files will play properly on the Fuze.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:52 AM

Best Buy has 10-12% off coupons if you can make it there today.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:11 AM

JK98-
I think that the mp3 player you're wishing for won't be "shirt pocket sized." The AA battery will add thickness and weight. The full sized sd card will just contribute to the size problem even more. Full sized SD cards may be generally less expensive, but microSD cards can be quite inexpensive at times.

With the price drop, maybe the Fuze is simply very popular.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I just checked the Walmart website. The 4 gig Fuze is now $89.54, the 2 gig is $74.28, and the 8 gig is $119.54. Finally some discounts, however they aren't huge. I was hoping for discounts of at least 20% off the suggested retail prices. Perhaps we might see that in a few weeks?

Last edited by JK98; 06-04-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:11 PM

LOL It's been past 2 weeks now and there isn't any discounts, Walmart still has the same price. But doesn't futureshop have price matching too?

Also its been 2 weeks now and no release of any new Fuze accesories and cases....wth... I'm gonna buy a Fuze but I wanna buy it with a case also to protect it.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:06 AM

The price on Amazon fluctuates daily. Once it was down to $105, but right now it's around $118.

That's for 8gb, by the way. The only size that interests me.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
I wonder if 16 kbps mp3 files will play properly on the Fuze.
It's strange they only claim 32kbps, because i've tried 16kbps and they work fine on the Fuze.