android
Old 06-24-2008, 03:08 PM

Default Arbitrary pause of playback

Hello

A small issue creeping up lately.

I will be listening to music and all of a sudden the player will go into pause. I will need to press the play button to resume. Yes, the mode in the upper left corner is the pause icon.

This only happens between the end of one song and the beginning of the next, and never to the same songs, and different time intervals.

Anyone else??

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-24-2008, 05:28 PM

I haven't come across this *yet* but then I haven't had the player that long. The quality control on the firmware does seem to be lacking since it appears to full of silly little bugs, some of which can be annoying.

Another one I found today is when the player reconnects to my bluetooth stereo after its powered off while listening to a podcast. On reconnection and pressing pause/play to continue the podcast will then play at a quicker than normal speed like a a tape player being fast forwarded. The only way to get it to play normally is to exit to main menu and go back in via the audible icon again.

Also I find video fast forward is just too quick on short videos making them almost impossible to navigate. I really like this player, especially the bluetooth feature which works really well with my car stereo (otherwise I would've returned by now) but seem to be finding a new bug or 'feature' every day. To be honest, it's really the BT feature that stopped me returning it for a Sansa. Still if the worse comes to the worse it's not like I don't have an aux input on my stereo.

It would be cool if Insignia could at least concentrate and release a firmware quickly to at least fix the more annoying bugs. The 'nice to have' features can wait since the player has enough of those in my opinion as it is. It just needs to implement them better.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:09 PM

You might have shuffle, but no repeat enabled. This happened to me as I hate the repeat function when shuffle is enabled, because it will usually repeat tracks before playing all of them once (more like my iPods). Turn on repeat, and it should be OK.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:28 PM

Thanks SD, I will give that a try.

Right now, I need to resync my Pilot. My laptop died before I could get it plugged in during a sync and it appears to have corrupted the Pilot.

Oh, well.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:41 PM

Yep, that seems to have done the trick.

I have gone through several playing sessions and the issue did not happen again using repeat / shuffle.

Thanks

Old 07-02-2008, 01:31 PM

No problem. I thought it was strange, too.