android
Old 07-03-2008, 05:06 AM

Default Help Zen Vision:m 30gb Music Transfer Problems!

Hello i have a zen visiom:m 30gb in very good condition..

i been using my wmp11 to transfer all of my files (music) to my zen.. but now for some reason.. it doesn't want to to it. but for more then 2 songs.. then it freezes... and the sync is interrupted.. i did a disk clean up and rebuilded the player and did this a few times to check and see if it was a one time thing...NOPE... it continued.. so i said hey maybe i need to try a different media program to transfer.. i decided to use winamp which i use for video transfers.. and the same thing is a couple transfers then a mid halt on a transfer and file freeze... so then i said hey.. maybe its the firmware.. but before that i rebooted my computer and tried the above methods again.. same thing... so then i decided let me try and make sure i update all the related programs.. so i plug it in again.. and go to the creative support thing and do the auto update update everything and again restart and try again and can u guess.. NOTHIN BUT THE SAME 2 TRANSFERS THEN MESS UP THING... note when my player freezes while transferin thats when the freeze on the media program occurs... so then i said ill try the media explorer drag drop way and bam.. same thing.. so i know its not the program now... NOTE THIS HAPPENS WITH VIDEOS 2.. MID TRANSFER VIDEO TRANSFER STOPS ASWELL..

SO I RELOAD THE SAME FIRMWARE WITH THE RECOVERY TOOL.. AND ALL THAT.. AND BAM.. SAME THING... the last resort i have is to format my player.. and hope it works.. but if it doesn't im out of luck.. because theres no way for me to get my music back on until resolved.. please someone help me...

im tried everything, reloading firmware, updating, media programs, drag and drop, etc... all i haven't done is format the drive...

mind u the player is always connecting and rebuilds with no program after i clean up on freezes...

please help me tyvm

sincerely,

sprinkster

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Before Formatting, I would consider booting into Recovery Mode and selecting the Reload Firmware option. What this does besides the usual reloading of the firmware is that it will erase the current firmware before instructing you to connect it to the computer and loading the new firmware. The benefit of erasing the firmware first before reloading it is that it allows for a clean install of the firmware incase the existing firmware was corrupt and was not corrected with the regular reload.

Also, have you had a chance to try your ZVM on another computer to see if you have the same problem?<O</O

Zen FAQ

Old 07-03-2008, 01:59 PM

i did all the firmware direct changing like u suggested and i also tried it on another computer i even tried downgrading firmware and trying doesnt work.. .man i need help... i dotn wana re format...

Old 07-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Did you boot into Recovery Mode (do you know how?) and select Reload Firmware and then install the latest firmware version? Sorry, I'm having problems understanding what you are saying.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-03-2008, 02:40 PM

lol ofcourse i know how.. u hold the power botton and push the reset hole and wait a bit then it comes to that screen.. i did it that way... and reloaded the firmware... and i tried transferin on both of my computer.. and then i even went to try and put a lower firmware on the zen the same way.. and the same thing happened... and actually when i put a lower firmware.. it wouldnt even let me transfer even on... so yea.. i tried the manual and recover tool from creatve way to deal with the firmware..

Old 07-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok, lol. I just wanted to make sure. Did you load the latest firmware (1.62.02 for the 30GB ZVM and 1.21.02 for the 60GB ZVM).

So.... manipulating the firmware seems to effect your issue...

Zen FAQ

Old 07-03-2008, 02:48 PM

yes i did load 1.62.02 and i even tried to previous firmware for my 30gb player the 1.62.01and still it didnt work... so meh idk..

Old 07-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, I would say give reloading WMP11 a shot since it could also be an MTP issue, but you are saying that the problem is carry with the ZVM onto another computer.....

I would say it is time to re-create the ZVM's file system/database by doing a Format. Hopefully, you have the files backed-up.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-03-2008, 03:19 PM

formatting is the only option i see reasonable.. now that i think about it cause other mtp programs such as winamp also have this error sadly..

Old 07-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I concur with reformatting. The sync issues is due to filesystem corruption on the ZVM's hard drive. In many cases, a Disk Cleanup from Recovery Mode fixes this, but in more severe cases, only a reformat can fix it. Given that an older firmware version completely broke sync ability, this confirms that a reformat is needed.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:43 AM

yea.. that seems to be the issue i got 2 more movies to watch off my zen before i reformat it..

Old 07-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
yea.. that seems to be the issue i got 2 more movies to watch off my zen before i reformat it..
Ok, that's not bad. Let us know....

Zen FAQ

Old 07-05-2008, 01:49 AM

yup.. that fixed it a format..

Old 07-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Great! Good to hear. Thanks for letting us know.

Zen FAQ