android
Old 07-12-2008, 10:42 AM

Default Album Art, WMP11 and the Sony S618

I'm having some frustrating problems getting album art to work reliably with the S618. I hope someone can help.

When I bought the S618 a week ago it all worked fine, and album art was transferred by WMP11 and displayed on the player. Recently, however, this seems to have stopped working. I can still transfer music files, but even though the album art is displayed in WMP11 it no longer shows up on the S618 (all I see is a grey box with the Walkman logo).

I gather that album art has to be embedded as a tag in the MP3 files, an action that should be done automatically by WMP11 during syncing (right?). Any suggestions what might've happened? Is there a tickbox hidden away somewhere in WMP11 to enable the embedding and transfer of album art to the player?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-12-2008, 06:04 PM

i use media monkey, and embed the album art in the tag info in each mp3, it does it automatically more or less. very convenient. and works great with the walkman.

media monkey is free, just use that to tag the stuff even if you don't want to use it as a music manager.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:23 AM

I tried MediaMonkey and it caused other problems - I store my music on a network drive and it kept giving "Delayed Write Failed" messages when trying to update tags (something that no other software has caused). It's a shame because it did seem better than WMP11.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:12 AM

you mapped the drive right?

Old 07-13-2008, 04:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Try J.River Media Jukebox - don't know if it'll work for your situation, wouldn't hurt to try!
Link in my sig!

Old 07-13-2008, 07:08 AM

I've tried it as mapped drive and as a direct network path; both give the same error when updating tags (leaving the tag data corrupted). Mediamonkey seems to work fine in all other respects.

Normally I would assume a drive fault or network problem, but Mediamonkey is the only product that generates this error.

I'll try the J.River jukebox and see if that's any better.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.