android
Old 07-14-2008, 10:18 PM

Default Songs not playing fully

Hey all, after formatting and re-importing my library, I've found that some songs will not play fully. By that, I mean that, for instance, a song will have only the last half, or the very beginning not played. I've checked the backups on my computer, and they play fine, and the songs even play fine by playing them from the Zen plugged into the computer. I have the latest firmware, and any help would be greatly appreciated. I use foobar2000 as my media player, if that helps, and have the 30 gb model of the vision m. Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Did it do this before you reformatted and re-copied over your library? Try booting into Recovery Mode and doing a Cleanup to see if that helps. It is good to make sure the file system/database is in good shape after copying over files, especially a large amount of files.

Also, try deletinh a couple of the songs having the issue on the ZVM and then try drag-and-dropping them from the computer over to the ZVM to see if they have the same issue. If not, then the problem may be within the syncing software.

If they continue to have problems after a cleanup and drag-and-dopping, consider reloading the firmware.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-15-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Did it do this before you reformatted and re-copied over your library? Try booting into Recovery Mode and doing a Cleanup to see if that helps. It is good to make sure the file system/database is in good shape after copying over files, especially a large amount of files.

Also, try deletinh a couple of the songs having the issue on the ZVM and then try drag-and-dropping them from the computer over to the ZVM to see if they have the same issue. If not, then the problem may be within the syncing software.

If they continue to have problems after a cleanup and drag-and-dopping, consider reloading the firmware.
I've now reloaded the firmware after trying those things, and to no avail. I honestly don't know what to do now.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:22 PM

MP3's and phones usually don't have quite as good a codec as computers. Try converting one of the bad files and copy it back over to the zen as a test. There may be something in those files that the ZVM codec can't decode.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Again, did it do this before you reformatted and re-copied over your library? Did they ever play correcly on your ZVM?

Zen FAQ

Old 07-15-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Again, did it do this before you reformatted and re-copied over your library? Did they ever play correcly on your ZVM?
Sorry about that. They did work fine before, but now do not. I completely skipped that part for some reason.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That's ok.

So, the same mp3's worked fine before and not now after you did a format, cleanup, and reload of the firmware? I would try it all again...... boot into Recovery Mode, do a Format, then select Reload Firmware. That way it will erase the currently installed firmware in case there is an existing issue that carries over to the new reload. Connect to the computer and install the latest firmware and reboot. Before copying your entire library over, take a few of the known files that are having this issue and just copy them over to see if it still has the playback issue.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-15-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
That's ok.

So, the same mp3's worked fine before and not now after you did a format, cleanup, and reload of the firmware? I would try it all again...... boot into Recovery Mode, do a Format, then select Reload Firmware. That way it will erase the currently installed firmware in case there is an existing issue that carries over to the new reload. Connect to the computer and install the latest firmware and reboot. Before copying your entire library over, take a few of the known files that are having this issue and just copy them over to see if it still has the playback issue.
Sadly, that didn't work either. I'll try re-re-ripping the songs onto the computer and seeing if that works, and if it does not, hopefully the costumer support question I sent to creative earlier will be answered soon.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, give that a shot. How have you transferred the files to the ZVM? Have you tried just drag-and-dropping instead of using sync software?

Zen FAQ

Old 07-16-2008, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Yeah, give that a shot. How have you transferred the files to the ZVM? Have you tried just drag-and-dropping instead of using sync software?
I've used Creative's software, Mediamonkey, and dragging and dropping as techniques, to no avail. I'm trying dragging and dropping again after this post as I sleep, and in the morning I'll rip the songs again.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:56 AM

Sorry for the double post, but I've finally fixed it! I finally decided to delete the songs on my computer, and just rip all of my CDs back onto it. It works, and hopefully I don't run into the problem again!

Old 07-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It's no problem. That is good to hear! Thanks for posting your solution. Enjoy!

Zen FAQ