android
Old 07-12-2007, 09:51 PM

Default So disappointed with the Sony NW-S205F

I bought this model and noticed I could move the songs around in the Library, but once transferred to the device, forget it (my calls to tech support would fill up a website so I will leave that alone).

So In order to change the order of the songs I have to
1. delete everything in the device
2. Change the order in the Library and then...
3. Transfer it back over to the device.

Know how long that takes?

Another thing I found is that I can't scroll through songs in the Playlist. When I hit forward, it just jumps to the next playlist, when I hit reserve it starts back to the first song of that playlist. No individual song skipping, no fast forward, no nothing!

Sonic Stage tries to tell me if I bought my songs through them there would be no problem, I ask them to repeat it so I can write this down and then they withdrawal the statement..

I am presently waiting for someone in Level 3 to get back to me. HA!

Is it really just the software as I seem to be reading? Am I screwed?

Otherwise I found this device easy to operate and durable. So many of these players are delicate and have small buttons you know are going to go in a few months, especially if you have big hands

Any Help?

T-Z

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-16-2007, 07:19 AM

Hi, think I know the answer to your scrolling through playlists problem. If you are listening to a Playlist you probably have the shuttle switch set at the "Folder" position. While listening to your Playlist set the shuttle switch back to the "Normal" position and you should be able scroll back and forward through the playlsit from there. Hope that helps.

I have the NW-S203F (1GB version). Quite happy with it except for one major flaw - not enough volume! Apparently there is a volume limit lock on these things but nobody can tell me how to unlock it. This is driving me mad and if I can't resolve it I will bin this player and buy a new one. Can anyone help me?

Old 07-17-2007, 09:00 PM

Dave C

Thank you for replying, I want to make sure I got it straight
- I push the "Display" button and use the the Shuttle Switch to toggle to the "Playlist" Selection.
- I hit the "Play" Button and use the Shuttle Switch to scroll from Playlist to Playlist.
- Now at that point I hit the "Play" button I get the 1st song from that Playlist.
- If I use the Shuttle switch to go "forward" it goes forward to the next playlist.
- If I use the Shuttle switch to go "backwards" It goes back to the start of the playlist.

No matter how I try to fool with this, using a heavy touch or a light touch (As I also thought you could fast forward or rewind).

Am I missing something?

TZ

Old 07-18-2007, 07:39 AM

Hey TZ,

Do you have the shuttle switch in the "Folder" position? It needs to be back at "normal" position. Once in this position you should be able to skip through back and forth through the tracks on a playlist and fastforward or rewind as normal.

I normally move the shuttle into the Folder position, select the playlsit I want, press play and then during playback move th shuttle switch back to "normal" and from there I can skip back and forth through the songs on the playlist.

Hope I've undertsood your quetsion and that this helps.

Do you have any problems with the volume limit? (probably not if your player is a U.S. model). The Europen models appear to have a limiter which can't be unlocked - this is really ruining the enjoyment of my music. Think I'll need to ditch this player and buy a new one through Amazon U.S. which hopefully won't have a limiter.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
Hey TZ,

Do you have the shuttle switch in the "Folder" position? It needs to be back at "normal" position. Once in this position you should be able to skip through back and forth through the tracks on a playlist and fastforward or rewind as normal.

I normally move the shuttle into the Folder position, select the playlsit I want, press play and then during playback move th shuttle switch back to "normal" and from there I can skip back and forth through the songs on the playlist.

If by Normal you mean the middle position then that's exactly what I'm doing. I had a SW-S23 (which I loved despite the bad reviews) and after you selected a playlist, you had to wait for a "beep" before you could change songs, otherwise it would just keep changing playlist

Hope I've undertsood your quetsion and that this helps.

Do you have any problems with the volume limit? (probably not if your player is a U.S. model). The Europen models appear to have a limiter which can't be unlocked - this is really ruining the enjoyment of my music. Think I'll need to ditch this player and buy a new one through Amazon U.S. which hopefully won't have a limiter.

No I don't have that problem, maybe your government cares about your hearing more then mine

Old 07-20-2007, 05:40 AM

Duh, It's Sony. Mostly of their new stuff is crap. Last time I bought a Sony DVD player(not the cheapest one) and it didn't even play DivX -Huge disappointment.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:29 AM

hii...
does anybody of u guys have problem with SonicStage and vista for the NW-S205F?
i cant ransfer music to my device..only when am using windows XP and sonic stage...
although i have the latest version for sonicstage which supposed to support vista!! the error it gives me is "the conection is unstable"!!!! i tried to change the USB power from the device tried both options n it didnt work!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:57 AM

Default battery issue

I have the NW-S205F......but my main issues with it ( besides paying waay too much - $190 ), is that the battery life is weak...maybe 6 hours of playing time, if that.

I'm worried, if I have to recharge the battery every 2 days or so, that the battery will die out on me for excessive charging ( I've heard there is only 500 charges on it, here).

Does anyone else have this problem? Am I just over reacting ? I feel I was being loyal to Sony, but I kinda regret it now.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:56 PM

Do you have the pedometer features turned off? That seemed to make mine last much longer and store idle longer without the battery going dead. I am trying to remember if their are any other battery saving features such as turning off the display. Overall, nice unit, but the battery life is fairly short compared to most of the other Sony models.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:30 PM

Thanks, But I don't really see in the "guide" where I can turn off the pedometer features. I 'll keep trying, but please let me know if there is a way through the menus or what not. thanks again.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:12 PM

Read the page titled "Setting the G Sensor".

Old 03-13-2008, 03:31 PM

Thanks, I guess having it OFF should do it. Thanks

Old 04-11-2008, 01:19 AM

Default Missed Opertunity

I have a S203F, my wife is looking for a pink S205F, can anyone help??

Old 07-17-2008, 04:47 AM

Default Wish I had Purchased something Else

I have a similar problem to that.
I make a playlist in a specific order, and when I transfer to the device it changes the plat order. This happens if I do it with a playlist or transfer individual tracks ... it still sorts the tracks differently onto the device.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:59 PM

Perhaps you may need to retransfer your songs-reformat it and transfer again. I always do this regularly with my S203F.