android
Old 08-06-2008, 02:16 PM

Default Some Questions

Im thinking about getting a Fuze, and I have a few questions. Just to clarify, I would be getting the 8GB Silver version.

1) Is it more or less scratch resistant then the e200 line? Because I have one of those, and I found that it did not scratch easily.

2) Is the headphone jack on the bottom?

3) How is the battery life? I've heard times from 16 hours to 25 (for audio). Im not sure what to believe right now.

4) Might as well add, whats the battery life for video?

5) How is video playback? I tried playing some short videos on the e200, and it was terrible. The audio quality sucked, and trying to rewind or fast forward crashed the player. Also, you could only upload 10 minute videos.

Thats all I have to ask. Any help will be appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-06-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning_October View Post
Im thinking about getting a Fuze, and I have a few questions. Just to clarify, I would be getting the 8GB Silver version.

1) Is it more or less scratch resistant then the e200 line? Because I have one of those, and I found that it did not scratch easily.

2) Is the headphone jack on the bottom?

3) How is the battery life? I've heard times from 16 hours to 25 (for audio). Im not sure what to believe right now.

4) Might as well add, whats the battery life for video?

5) How is video playback? I tried playing some short videos on the e200, and it was terrible. The audio quality sucked, and trying to rewind or fast forward crashed the player. Also, you could only upload 10 minute videos.

Thats all I have to ask. Any help will be appreciated.
1) It's quite decent (at least as good as e200). I've had the 8GB for a couple months and it doesn't have any noticeable scratches. I carry it around in my pocket with my cellphone and it's fine. Of course, anything plastic will scratch if you try hard enough. There are numerous silicone and hard plastic cases available if you plan on abusing it.

2)
Yes

3)
That's about right. About the middle of that range is pretty typical. It varies with screen brightness, codecs and usage habits. At a moderate brightness, if you mostly use shuffle and don't activate the screen that often, you'll get closer to the top end of that range. If you are constantly browsing for tracks and keep the screen on all the time, or use extreme brightness, you'll get a lot less.

4)
I don't really use video, so I don't have personal experience, but I think most reports are in the 4 hour range.

5)
It's OK for what it is. The screen is better than the e200. But video is definitely not the reason to get a Fuze. All videos have to be converted with the Sansa Media Converter to work on the Fuze, so it's kind of a pain. It works and is fine for causal use, but if video is important to you, I'd look elsewhere.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:21 PM

I was in the hospital for an appendectomy a few weeks ago, and the only thing that made it bearable was my Fuze. I had loaded a couple seasons worth of South Park episodes onto it (8GB microSD card), and between that and the narcotics, I was flying high though my stay.

Also, invest a AC->USB adapter. Most extremely excellent for using the Sansa series while it's charging. I had mine playing either music or video pretty much continuously.

^.^