android
Old 08-11-2008, 06:31 PM

Default Won't Restart Mid WMA File? Advice?

I have had my ZEN for about 8 weeks now and have downloaded three audio books from my county public library system. These are always a collection of WMA files. The first two books played fine but these files are now gone and I am having the following problem playing the third book.

About half the time when I turn the unit on the first word to appear is “ZEN” and in the next screen I am back at the proper restart place in the correct file. The other half of my start ups the first word on the unit is “Creative” followed by the ZEN screen but the next screen is then reset to the very start of the correct file and not where I left off mid file.

The units firmware ID is 1.21.01_0.03.01

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-12-2008, 12:03 AM

Well...have you tried either a reset or a pass through recovery mode? Start there and see if the problem clears up. If not, let us know and we can proceed from there.....

Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 AM

I loaded in two other books (WMA files) and tried several power off and power up cycles with these files. Between cycles I would fast forward to different points in the file. No problem with these new WMA files. So now I am thinking it is the files and not the ZEN that causes the problem. Still need to do a bit more testing. Thanks

Old 08-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Usually when just the ZEN logo appears, the Zen is coming out of Stand-By mode. Resuming playback from this point would make sense since the Zen hasn't fully powered off. If the Creative logo appears before the ZEN logo, it means the Zen is powering on and doing a full boot-up. The Zen will not resume play when powering up this way. The best solution in this case would probably be to use a bookmark.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-01-2008, 10:12 PM

I got side tracked on other non-ZEN issues for many days. Have now had some more experience with yet more WMA files. Re BobbieRS comment above, I figured that if I turned the unit off and the blue light is off (having done this with play back in the pause mode) that the unit is truely OFF. Am I wrong about this?

What I have found out, I think, is that if I turn the ZEN off (I rewind a bit first) while the unit is still playing, then start up always returns to the right point in the file and play starts again. So for now thats my game plan.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Re BobbieRS comment above, I figured that if I turned the unit off and the blue light is off (having done this with play back in the pause mode) that the unit is truely OFF. Am I wrong about this?
No, not really. Check out this post for more information.

Quote:
What I have found out, I think, is that if I turn the ZEN off (I rewind a bit first) while the unit is still playing, then start up always returns to the right point in the file and play starts again. So for now thats my game plan.
If you have found a way that is working for you, then great! That's all that matters.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-04-2008, 11:04 AM

BobbyRS, thanks for the info. Link was quite informative.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. Happy to help.

Zen FAQ

Old 05-15-2009, 04:04 PM

Default WMA Files wont restart... similar issue

I'm having a similar issue. When I just turn it off, it will restart at the point I turned it off. When I dock to recharge or transfer additional files that's when it goes back to the beginning of the file. So i know before docking I have to bookmark.