android
Old 07-07-2008, 01:40 PM

Page Sony Walkman Frozen

I got a problem. My sister just transferred her files to her Sony Walkman NWZ-A815/A816/A818 and when she turned it on it loaded and then the welcome screen just sits there and nothing happens, its frozen. What do I do?

Please help

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Not sure how to reset the Sony's but couldn't you just wait until the battery goes dead?
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 07-07-2008, 02:27 PM

I want to take the battery out but dnot know how. I dont want to wreck it. You have any sites that will help me?

Thanks

Old 07-07-2008, 02:46 PM

Hi
To "reset" the Sony, the reset button is on the right hand side of your player, below the Volume control, just push a pin/wire into the little hole, and hold it down and wait a few seconds, it should then reset

Last edited by Marie; 07-07-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
Hi
To "reset" the Sony, the reset button is on the right hand side of your player, below the Volume control, just push a pin/wire into the little hole, and hold it down and wait a few seconds, it should then reset
I have tried that but nothing

Old 07-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Let the battery run down - recharge it - reformat - reset all settings to default - reformat 2nd time. Worked w/the S618 I used to have.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:48 AM

I got the same damn problem. It doesn't seem like ANYONE ever managed to fix their walkman in this condition:

1.power button won't work.
2.reset button useless.
3.When connected to computer: 1. It won't charge.
2. It flashes the screen the shows SonyWalkman LOGO + "Every moment has its music" and Library updating progress bar.
3.It displays the "low battery" crap.
4.It won't be recognized by computer ( The usb device has malfunctioned and windows doeas not recognisze it..reconnect or replace..)

I am talking about my Sony NW A 815, something like that..
Anyway, it seems like the player's death sign..damn i love the sound of it. it just sounded so good with the stock earphones..damn.

Nothing will work.. i shoul try replacing the battery.. maybe it is just not charging anymore..power failure.. who knows..

Old 08-05-2008, 05:50 AM

send me a quick fix at claudiucp YM. tkx. i from Romania.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:35 AM

Default f i x e d SONY WAlkman !!! yeyy

hey guys, relacs. your sony i sabout to be repaired.. i managed to do so for mine. cCheck this out:

1. Unscrew your sony [ it was screwed before.. poor thing )]
2. remove all the stickers you can find.
3. Remove the battery. be careful so that you do not break any wires [two wires by the way , a red and a black one, leaving from the battery.
3. The thing is.. the battery still works, it buzzes your tongue if you touch it ) or lights a small LED ]
4. You have to remove the electronic part from the battery and replace it with one that works [Nokia has a small battery that will fit, i cannot rtemember the model however..8800 i believe.].. ATTENTION: it's the battery that you have to replace, so remove the electronic part from both batteries and then put the electronic part from the old battery to the new one, that way you can fool the player in believing that is the old battery]. I believe the malfunction is from the thing that the player does not know how to deal with the "Low battery" warning.. and it causes somekind of errror.damn those techniciens, i'll send them a quick IM.
4.You just have to solder the two wires to the new battery and then check if it works.

And That is it my friends. it depends on how much courage you have to remove the battery, stickers, wires.. it's kinda messy. but it worked for me, hey.saved me 200 bucks.

the player still works if you remove the wires from the circuit board..you do not have to break anything, just with a small needle pop out the special connector there.

The player still works if you remove the battery from the player and connect the usb cable..that is how i did before i could find a battery to replace.
I did all this because Sony made the best sounding mp3 player around..please, any opinnion on a comparison from somebody, please post it. [ of course one that makes no difference when playing 192 kps mp3 ]

Old 08-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen_sony_pls_hlp View Post
hey guys, relacs. your sony i sabout to be repaired.. i managed to do so for mine. cCheck this out:

1. Unscrew your sony [ it was screwed before.. poor thing )]
2. remove all the stickers you can find.
3. Remove the battery. be careful so that you do not break any wires [two wires by the way , a red and a black one, leaving from the battery.
3. The thing is.. the battery still works, it buzzes your tongue if you touch it ) or lights a small LED ]
4. You have to remove the electronic part from the battery and replace it with one that works [Nokia has a small battery that will fit, i cannot rtemember the model however..8800 i believe.].. ATTENTION: it's the battery that you have to replace, so remove the electronic part from both batteries and then put the electronic part from the old battery to the new one, that way you can fool the player in believing that is the old battery]. I believe the malfunction is from the thing that the player does not know how to deal with the "Low battery" warning.. and it causes somekind of errror.damn those techniciens, i'll send them a quick IM.
4.You just have to solder the two wires to the new battery and then check if it works.

And That is it my friends. it depends on how much courage you have to remove the battery, stickers, wires.. it's kinda messy. but it worked for me, hey.saved me 200 bucks.

the player still works if you remove the wires from the circuit board..you do not have to break anything, just with a small needle pop out the special connector there.

The player still works if you remove the battery from the player and connect the usb cable..that is how i did before i could find a battery to replace.
I did all this because Sony made the best sounding mp3 player around..please, any opinnion on a comparison from somebody, please post it. [ of course one that makes no difference when playing 192 kps mp3 ]
What model did you repair - the S61X series is different from the A81X series. Please specify which model you fixed.