android
Old 08-16-2008, 08:29 AM

Default Buying Sony B105

I`m considering to buy the above mentioned B105.... and I have some questions. Actually I`m choosing between A816 and this one (sooo similar, are they? ). The main reason is because A816 has a much more better battery life, and probably better sound. The only thing better with B105 is it`s price (50% of the price of A816), and the size... because I`ll be using it a lot while i go running.
To be honest I`m a bit scared of the claimed 12h batt life.... How long does it last in real life? Anyone has this kond of walkman? I`d like to hear some opiniones.... So please wirte...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

2 different types of players. Different usages apply. Why not try the S61X series - still small but it includes a radio, has great batt life, 2" screen, excellent SQ, and it's VERY pocketable for jogs!!!
The S616 (4gb) is $94.85 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-NWZS616FB...8916323&sr=1-1

Old 08-16-2008, 03:16 PM

Yes, I know that... but thanks for replying.

Only problem is that in my country there is only S515, and it`s more expensive than the a816. That`s why I`m choosing between the two different types. One cheap (the B105), and I`m probably buying it, but I am a lot concerned about the B105 battery. But it`s probably about 12-13 hrs of playback time.

Do you know is the sound quality of B105 the same as A816?
I`ve heared that it has stunning sound quality... the A series...

I wanted the S616, but just couldn`t find one... Too expensive if I buy on amazon... shipping, tax, customs....

Old 08-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've never used the B105 so I can't help there. I'd think the A816 would have the better SQ though + the battery life is MORE than double. also, it comes w/a pretty good set of earphones. Offsets the extra cost a bit really.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
I'd think the A816 would have the better SQ though
almost certanly right... I`ll go and ask the people in the shop to let me hear both of them in the shop... but I`ll be taking the A series more likely.

One more thing... What about Cowon? I know this is not a Cowon part of the forum.. But, are they better than sony? I`ve heared that there is this dude who is bringing them from the US....so there might be a chance... didn`t contact him yet because I think that they aren`t that good...or are they?

Old 08-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Got a D2 and it's my MAIN player of choice. Great - scaled the A816 is a 8, and the D2 is a 9-9.5 (in my slightly biased opinion of course). I'd recommend getting the D2 just for the excellent sdhc integration also. 16gb player + 32gb sdhc card (not necessarily right away) = 48gb. Not bad. I've got an 8gb D2 + 16gb sdhc so I'm set ATM.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:34 AM

Hey... just found something.... this dude can get me the S616 for something about 110-120 USD. With all the taxes and everything... so I said... just get it! Small and great battery and sound...

I`m checking the D2, but I`ll probably wait for some relatives from Atlanta to come next summer, and bring me the D2 for the base price... Here it would come to about 250 USD for the 4 GB model. As I can see the 4GB is 150... and if I`m lucky maybe less as time passes by.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

S616 is great and the D2 can wait!!! Good find. tell me how you like it when it's in ya' hands!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 10:15 AM

Will do!
I`ve seen it in a shop in town... awesome... like A series, but smaller, and I`d say kind of cute... hehe. I`m now trying to contact this dude... hope to get him... Just can`t wait...