android
Old 08-14-2008, 08:12 AM

Default Sync Manager Not Detecting Player.

Hi all it is my fisrt time here.
Recently (About two weeks ago) i bought a new Zen Vision M 30Gb. I am very happy with the palyerhowever i have a problem.

I have installed the Creative Sync manager in order to synchronise the player with Outlook but the software is not detecting the player when i conect it to the PC. I am currently running Windows Vista 32 bit.

Is there any way to solve this problem bcause it is very frustrating. Any suggesitions are very apprecieated.

Regards
wenzu1989

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello wenzu1989. Welcome to ABI.

Unfortunatley, I am not aware of any other program that will allow the syncing of Outlook data to the ZVM. The Creative software and Vista do not like to play well together. Most of the time it either has problems working correctly (like you have noticed) or causes problems.

Zen FAQ

Old 08-16-2008, 02:35 PM

Thanks for replying So you are saying that there is no solution whatsoever to the problem ?

Old 08-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

There is always a solution. It just depends on how far someone is willing to go to find a one. Well, you can either try to get the Creative software to work correctly (maybe reinstalling or uninstalling, then try reinstalling) or use the Creative software on another computer.

Zen FAQ

Old 08-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Banned

Open Creative MediaSource Explorer --> Tools --> Settings --> Detector Tab --> Uncheck "Enable Detector" --> Reboot Computer --> Connect Zen via USB

Does it detect the Zen?