android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Old 04-20-2008, 07:44 PM

Another +1 for ^^

BobbyRS was spot on. This is clearly an issue with Creative and it's software and not with Vista.

With that said, I've had no real issues with Vista. The only problem I've faced so far is transfering GBs of songs through the explorer causes the interface to lock up. Transfering smaller sets seems to be ok.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-22-2008, 05:39 AM
ABI Invaluable

For the record, I have four computers running Vista - only one of them even came with it installed (my newest laptop). The others are either my older laptop which shipped with XP Home Edition, or are desktops I built myself. I have not had any real problems with any of them. I even have Vista running on an old Sempron-based desktop, and it works great!

Don't believe all the rumors you've heard about Vista. Most of its problems involve compatibility with older third-party software (and, as I recall, XP had the same problem when it first came out) and third-party support for 64-bit drivers. The OS itself is rock-stable.

Besides all that, the newer (circa ZVM and newer) Zen-series players, along with many older ones, work amazingly well with Vista - like they were made for it.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
I find Vista hardly buggy and the most stable OS (not counting Server versions) Microsoft has released yet. I have been running Vista since its release and love it (although it is a little bloated). Most issues I have had with it were the result of other software/drivers having issues with working with Vista, not with Vista itself. Once the companies who created the software/drivers addressed the issues by releasing newer versions of the software/drivers, all has been good. The problem here is not with Vista, but with Creative's software not working correctly all the time with Vista. It's Creative's software that really isn't all that great and buggy when running within Vista. It isn't stable at all and interferes with the native support of MTP.
Well, I beg to differ with you on this (and everyone is entitled to their own opinion)...the biggest problem is that certain updates from Microsoft have a VERY nasty habit of restoring certain services to "running" status after I have specifically configured them to "stopped" which reduces the available system resources and slows down the computer. I have been working with Vista for a long time (even under the Beta program and that was an even bigger issue then). I do know how to manage the services through Services Management, but having to be ever vigilant for undoing changes that MS makes during updates gets more than a little tedious. Maybe this varies based on version owned, but this certainly holds true for the Business version...such that my employer will not even begin to consider deployment across the enterprise.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, it's no problem disagreeing. You have your opinion and experiences and I have mine. There is no need for a debate over it (especially in this thread). Vista does have some issues, but what OS from Microsoft doesn't. The point here was just that Vista is far from an unstable OS and a generalization of being called "buggy" in the terms that it can't be used because of the "bugs" it does have.

Zen FAQ