android
Old 08-19-2008, 08:22 PM

Default Deleting Files/Directories on the Zen

Can I Delete "music" files or directories directly on my 2GB Zen or must I do this from the computer? Also, can I copy directories from my SD card in the Zen to the "music" directory of the Zen? I'd like to use my SDHC card as a source to load music files into the Zen, but if a cannot delete files, this won't do me much good.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Can I Delete "music" files or directories directly on my 2GB Zen or must I do this from the computer?
Both; You can delete files on the Zen from the Zen and from the computer.

Quote:
Also, can I copy directories from my SD card in the Zen to the "music" directory of the Zen?
You can transfer files on the SD card to the Zen, but they will not go into the Music section. Keep in mind all files on the card will be transferred and they will all be sent to a folder called Imported Files, but only the photos can be seen on the Zen right away in the photo section. The rest of the files have to be viewed from the computer and then moved to the correct section (like music) before being seen from the Zen. From the Zen FAQ:

Quote:
How do you copy the contents of an SD Card used in the Zen to its internal storage?
Quote:

First, you need to make sure you have at least firmware version 1.20.02 or later installed.

1. To transfer files, select Memory Card --> Import All.

2. To view transferred photos (.jpg), select Photos --> Imported Files --> [memory card name] --> [folder name].

To open or view other transferred files, use your computer:

1. Connect your player to your computer and click your player's icon in My Computer. Click Storage Media --> Imported Files --> [memory card name] --> [folder name]

Zen FAQ

Old 08-20-2008, 12:01 PM

Thanks!

Looks like I can't do what I want to do. I'd like to create <2GB directories of music on my 16GB SDHC card then be able to delete all "music" files on my 2GB Zen and transfer one of the SDHC directories into the Zen "music" directory. I use my Zen for music only.

I know I can play directly of the SDHC card, but the Zen doesn't remember where it left off after turning it off then back on if it's playing off the card. Restarts always bring me back to the main menu so I have to do a bit of manuevering to get back to the SDHC music directory I was previously playing. Of course, I don't get any album art playing of the SDHC also. Really not a big issue on either accounts. I suppose Creative has no interest in fixing these issues with future firmware updates as it would thwart sales of higher capacity Zens to have the SDHC more functional or transparent.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem!

Quote:
I'd like to create <2GB directories of music on my 16GB SDHC card then be able to delete all "music" files on my 2GB Zen and transfer one of the SDHC directories into the Zen "music" directory. I use my Zen for music only.
Keep in mind you can't just import certain directories. An Import All will import all of the files on the SD card. So, you will either have to keep only 2GB of files on the 16GB card or use 2GB SD cards.

Quote:
I suppose Creative has no interest in fixing these issues with future firmware updates as it would thwart sales of higher capacity Zens to have the SDHC more functional or transparent.
It appears as though.

Zen FAQ