android
Old 07-22-2008, 05:17 AM

Oh yeah also... fix the ogg vorbis decoding quality!
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=32395

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-27-2008, 04:46 PM

Default What the T10 is missing

The T10 should have a search engine to find songs.. would be more easier to find songs and find the ones you wanna delete or listen to
anyone agree?

Old 07-28-2008, 01:37 PM

I definitely agree. When you have 500+ songs, it takes a while to stroll and scroll down the big list...

Old 07-30-2008, 02:40 AM

My wish list:

FM over BT

It seems to me that the T10 has the HW chops to send the FM audio to my BT headset (ChatterBox GMRS X1 Bluetooth edition). It can make digital recordings of FM, so it must have an ADC. Why not provide the option of sending the digitized FM sound to the BT transmitter rather than saving it to flash? I'd be happy to plug an antenna wire into the headphone jack, which could stay coiled in my pocket while I listen to NPR with no wires going up to my helmet.

Hardened UMS

I've tried to use the 3.03 KR prom so I can use the T10 in UMS mode on my MacBook w/o having to boot Parallels/WinXP (thanks for all the GREAT info on this subject). However, I can only mount the T10 on the Mac 3 or 4 times before I get the dread "must have at least 10 MB of space..." message. Reformatting it with SMS fixes the problem, but I'm tired of having to do it. I have switched back to 3.06 MTP (and almost bricked it doing so), under the assumption that it will reduce or eliminate the "10 mb" problem. It also seems that SMS is the only way to convert video to SVI files that actually work on the T10 w/o crashing it, so I have to boot WinXP anyway whenever I want to watch very small videos.

(Of course, I'd also like a way to keep OS X from spewing SpotLight metadata all over the T10 when it's UMS-mounted on the Mac desktop. I think this is what exacerbated the "10 mb" failure, but that's an issue for Apple. I'll take it up with Steve Jobs the next time I see him...).

DRC

Adjustable dynamic range compression for when I'm commuting on my motorcycle. Is this what "street mode" is supposed to do? It doesn't seem to.

Note that the audio processing modes are not currently available while listing to the FM radio, providing another opportunity for a S/W feature enhancement by sending the FM audio through the ADC. The digital stream could then go through the audio processing routines, and finally back to the headphone jack via the DAC's, or to the BT transmitter.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncomfort View Post
I definitely agree. When you have 500+ songs, it takes a while to stroll and scroll down the big list...

File browser and organize it into folders per artist

Old 07-31-2008, 10:04 AM

Audible support, and audiobook folder that will not play tracks from books when playing music in random mode.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:25 PM

ID Tag recognition for Ogg files!

Old 07-31-2008, 09:22 PM

Is there any way to start up the T10 any faster..
That dog Is really annoying takes forever to start

Old 08-01-2008, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post
ID Tag recognition for Ogg files!
Use MSC/UMS firmware.

And btw: There is already a Firmware wishlist thread...

Old 08-05-2008, 05:58 AM

Just thought of another one.
Crossfeed.
Since most of the time, portable mp3 players are used with headphones, crossfeed would be a very useful feature. For those who don't know what it is; put simply, it emulates speakers by having some sound from left channel in right ear and vice versa. It reduces listening fatigue because the channels are not so isolated. I know you can choose 3D effects in DSE settings, but an implementation of crossfeed similar to that offered by Rockbox on iPod would be nice.

I have come to realise that the T10 is a player targeted at noobs because of the lack of certain features such as gapless playback, lossless codec support, more advanced ID3 support (eg. Album Artist), codec info display (eg. mp3 LAME VBR V2).
Even though I like it very much, I don't think it is the player for me. As someone mentioned before, more masculine themes would be nice too.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:41 AM

Need more games and more customization.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:41 PM

a calculator would be nice

Old 08-09-2008, 10:57 PM

Also, so you can flip down "pages" of the music, for example.. you know how on the screen.. it only shows 9 songs or artists, and instead of going down 1 by 1, the right and left keys should be to flip down to the next 9 instead of having to keep going down 1 by 1
anyone feelin me? lol

Old 08-12-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T10-User View Post
Also, so you can flip down "pages" of the music, for example.. you know how on the screen.. it only shows 9 songs or artists, and instead of going down 1 by 1, the right and left keys should be to flip down to the next 9 instead of having to keep going down 1 by 1
anyone feelin me? lol
That's a similar idea that I was thinking of. With mine, when you hit the left/right arrow, it'll take you to a screen with the letters #-Z. It'll be a great improvement.

What else it needs is more games. I would have died for an iQuiz game like on the iPod.

And finally, a chance to change the bootup screen to the original t10 black intro screen. In my opinion, that was the fastest and easiest.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T10-User View Post
anyone feelin me? lol
previous iterations of samsung players had this I hope it's implemented, because going through long lists is a chore.

Maybe someone should merge this thread with the firmware wish list thread.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi00 View Post
Maybe someone should merge this thread with the firmware wish list thread.
Indeed.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efforts View Post
That's a similar idea that I was thinking of. With mine, when you hit the left/right arrow, it'll take you to a screen with the letters #-Z. It'll be a great improvement.
By saying that have you actually done that, or is that your idea.

I was thinking that aswell, like on the Zen Vision W
if u press right it lets you navigate by letter

Old 08-20-2008, 09:31 AM

I badly want:

-faster scrolling through music (as proposed by letter would be nice).
-i don't think it's already mentioned: °last.fm° support. How hard could that be to implement?
-better sound quality over bt (+ DNSe over bt).
-i want to be a lot faster (although this is mainly a hardware thing)

Old 08-23-2008, 09:57 AM

I really don't understand all that fuss about not finding the songs. T10 already does categorize them by Artists, Genres, Songs, Albums, you name it. So what else do you want?
Although a search engine would be nice and would save the time when you have to first write to every song their artist etc on your computer.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:02 AM

I have all my songs in a folder of the artist, so 10 songs in the folder Linkin Park, 5 in Drake bell etc.