android
Old 08-25-2008, 03:13 AM

Default Cheap AA to USB charger for s618?

I've been looking for a cheap AA->USB charger for my soon to arrive s618. I was wondering if anyone knows of a cheap solution and place that ships to Australia or is in Australia. Actually I don't mind if they don't ship but it will give me an idea of what to try to hunt down.

Something like this http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/. I have no idea if this works with the s618.

Anyone know of solutions that work and don't cost an arm and a leg I'd appreciate hearing from you!

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-25-2008, 03:26 AM

Hmm this looks interesting..
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3205

Edit:hmm maybe not, not voltage regulated..too risky

Last edited by montiee; 08-25-2008 at 03:33 AM.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

I have one of those soshines and it works well, remember if you use rechargable batteries thats 1.2v * 4 = 4.8 v not 6 as with non rechargable batteries. I must admit i havent used it much through as i have a 3400mah usb battery pack from a real brand i use instead.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptnodegard View Post
I have one of those soshines and it works well, remember if you use rechargable batteries thats 1.2v * 4 = 4.8 v not 6 as with non rechargable batteries. I must admit i havent used it much through as i have a 3400mah usb battery pack from a real brand i use instead.
Thanks for the feedback. Good to know it works. Your right with the voltage. I just wish there was something that ran on AA's just for capacity. Worse comes to worse it will do if I can't find anything better. I just want something that will get me through a long haul flight video wise and really aaa batteries are useful for me anyway, mini torch, remotes etc so although a dedicated USB battery sounds nice I thinkthe aaa will be more useful for me at home and on the road..

Any idea how many full charge(s) your shosine will provide with 4xaaa batteries? Unfortunately I can't find the specs for the battery the unit uses else I'd probably be able to work it out.

Edit: Nevermind as usual I found it after posting...700mAh. Guess would be around 2.5 charges from a set of 750mAh batteries at 60% efficiency.

Last edited by montiee; 08-25-2008 at 11:35 AM.